Sign in to follow this  
ruudmeij

Do the Saitek panels work into Windows 10

Hi guys,

Is there someone over here with Windows 10 installed that can confirm of the Saitek panels displays from the Multi and Radio panel are working?

I am asking this because I never got the displays from the Multi and Radio panel to light up with Windows 8.1 that was the reason that I have turned back to Windows 7 and I am still using it. 

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Rick for your reply, I already use SPAD.

Are you talking about a Windows 10 installation because if it is then they have solved the problems of no LED display in the panels, the key's on the panels are working but you don't see the LED screen display.

Cheers,

Ruud

Opps. sorry.  I misread your post.  Seeing Windows 10 thinking DX10.

Cannot help with your real question?

Rick S.

The display is not powered on my win 10 install, guess the USB charging problem persists in w10

-Roland

You can try this:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2900614

My Multipanel display returned when I completed some Registry edits.  My radios were always working.  All panels occasionally fail to respond after 10-15 minutes, however, using SPAD.neXt, although the joystick seems fine.  Everything is connected through a powered hub.  I may try moving connections around among available USB ports.

Rick

The registry edits mentioned above worked for me on Windows 10. My saitek panels are even connected into a powered USB hub. I found each problem panel and edited the registry per Microsoft's link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900614

Note, I had two "device parameters" under each device so made changes to both. Just read the link and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Vin

There's a tool to enable/disable the advanced power management, google "apm fix for saitek panels" and free download.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I am running Windows 10 and X-Plane.  All my panels worked perfectly with Windows 7.  After the Windows 10 upgrade all the panels worked perfectly except the Multi-Panel.  I ran the apm fix as mentioned above and it did help the radio panel.  It was continually flashing.  However, after take-off if I turn any knob to adjust altitude, heading, etc. the auto-pilot kicks off.  Any suggestions?

I have no issues in Win 10 with either panel, but have completely deleted all Saitek drivers and software and only run SPAD.neXt (which automaticlaly disables power management on startup, BTW, should it be enabled on any Saitek device).

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Thought I'd chime in here.

I'm using the Saitek drivers, and the Radio Panel, Switch Panel and Autopilot Panel all work fine under Windows 10 (Home Edition) without having to edit the registry.  I am using the Windows 10 drivers.

I also have SPAD, but have no need to use it at the moment - though tested it and it too works fine).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 2/3/2015 at 11:25 PM, ruudmeij said:

Thank you Rick for your reply, I already use SPAD.

Are you talking about a Windows 10 installation because if it is then they have solved the problems of no LED display in the panels, the key's on the panels are working but you don't see the LED screen display.

Cheers,

Ruud

Apologies to revive an old thread.

I just bought a saitek multi panel, all switches work, I am using spad.next but the LCD display does not light up.

I am on windows 10 and P3D v4.

Hi ozflyer,

This has all to do with the Windows USB power management system, you have to disable this as mentioned before with a utility, normally SPADNext should do this for you but in my case this din't worked so download this utility and use it then you have no more problems anymore.

Here is the link: http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Cheers,

Ruud