Sign in to follow this  
markmco

Should I Try VATSIM?

So with the site down for aquawkbox I guess it is only FLInn left for FS9.

Jim

Vatsim is great if they could just fix the sound issues like pilotedge I'd fly it all the time.  Some pilots speak and blow the headphones off your head while then some controllers sound like their underwater.

Maybe its my old age but I cannot understand what their saying 75% of the time.

Yes I type now and its not my preferred method but I have no choice especially if the controller has a strong accent

ZORAN

Use vpilot. I suggest the open Beta since it builds your model matching for you.

Richie Walsh

Use vpilot. I suggest the open Beta since it builds your model matching for you.

Im confused by model matching. I have WOAI and select that but I always get messages telling me Im missing aircraft or something along those lines and I end up not being able to use it

ZORAN

Im confused by model matching. I have WOAI and select that but I always get messages telling me Im missing aircraft or something along those lines and I end up not being able to use it

Have you tried the new open beta? He has it so it compiles it for you. You don't have to do a thing

https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=71654

Richie Walsh

Go for it. I used squawk box as of as couple years ago and never had any issues. A bit of a learning curve but that's what made it fun for me. In short time, like everything it will become very repetitive and very second nature.

That's what drove me away from it unfortunately. I always used IFR when on Vatsim. It will keep your think tank full for a while, and at the same time getting very close to RL procedures to satisfy curiosity. Anyway, that's what it did for me. Take the  plunge. And, you kind  of get to know the controllers after a while. Much fun all around.

Servers are listed by location. Pick the one closest to you.

Richie Walsh

How do I know which is my Vatsim Server. Im located in Thailand

Download VATSPY, (Google it) and when you load it you can go to the Network Servers tab and click on the left most field for each server... that will run a PING test from your location. The one with the lowest PING and the least amount of users (also displayed) is the best server for you.  Likely the one closest to you, but I've seen it work out differently several times.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Download VATSPY, (Google it) and when you load it you can go to the Network Servers tab and click on the left most field for each server... that will run a PING test from your location. The one with the lowest PING and the least amount of users (also displayed) is the best server for you.  Likely the one closest to you, but I've seen it work out differently several times.

Best wishes.

Ok thanks will give it a try

ZORAN

One final question. I moved all my default jets out of fsx so VOX ATC would not use them as AI as they got preference over WOAI so the A321 is gone

So How can I add the PMDG 777 as my default model. it wont accept any name that I type into that field

ZORAN

If I was you, I would try using IVAO MTL models instead. Using models like PMDG or Aerosoft for Boeing or Airbus is a frame killer.