Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fogboundturtle

End of flight, why is complete reloading of FSX needed?

I was using FS2Crew for the first time last night and notice that if I end a flight and go back to the main menu, FS2Crew no longer works. I must close the applications and reload again.  is there a workaround for this inconvenient ? I am still learning FS2crew and I made a few mistake so I wanted to start again the procedures.

Claude Desrosiers

Hi Claude,

There is no need to re-load the flight.

At the end of the flight, just cycle the mode back to Pre-Flight or where ever you want to pick up.

After an end of the flight on FSX:SE.The UI is there but I get an error that it couldn't load properly the PMDG library. The plane is working fine. Only FS2Crew doesn't.

Claude Desrosiers

After an end of the flight on FSX:SE.The UI is there but I get an error that it couldn't load properly the PMDG library. The plane is working fine. Only FS2Crew doesn't.

I don't think that's FS2Crew if it's referencing a PMDG library.

Send me a Support Ticket and include a screen shot of the error message.

I'll also ask PMDG if they know anything about it.

I don't think that's FS2Crew if it's referencing a PMDG library.

Send me a Support Ticket and include a screen shot of the error message.

I'll also ask PMDG if they know anything about it.

It is an FS2crew issue. Only FS2crew is failing to initialize. I get SDK error in the UI. The plane is working fine.  I did find a workaround. After I go back to free flight menu, I switch to a default plane and switch back to PMDG. Problem solve.  I will open a ticket later today.

Claude Desrosiers

If you're getting the SDK message please read this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=troubleshooting5

You can't use Saved Situation files.

I wasn't and I did read your troubleshooting steps. I understand you need to write off the usual suspect but this isn't the case. Do you want me to make a video for you ?

Claude Desrosiers

After I go back to free flight menu, I switch to a default plane and switch back to PMDG

I don't understand that part.

When you load FSX, the first aircraft you should see in the Trike.

If not, you're using a saved situation file.

I don't understand that part.

When you load FSX, the first aircraft you should see in the Trike.

If not, you're using a saved situation file.

In FSX Steam edition, When you first go to the menu, you get the trike. When you end a flight and go back to the Free flight menu, it will have the last plane your were flying in. If you press ok to initiate a new flight, FS2crew won't load but the PDMG plane is fine.

Claude Desrosiers

If you press ok to initiate a new flight, FS2crew won't load but the PDMG plane is fine.

Due to the way the PMDG SDK works, and due to the mysterious ways of Simconnect, the SDK will only initialize properly on alternate load attempts.

It's the same thing in the NGX.

That explains your end of flight issue based on what you're doing with the sim.

You could also "Reset" the flight directly to force an alternate load attempt.

But to do a thru-flight, you shouldn't need to "End the Flight" and go back to the FS Main Menu.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,535.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now