Sign in to follow this  
RexGrant

Information on the FSX Acceleration Pack

Could some one with experiance of installing FSX acceleration pack, please tell me after they installed it did the start screen on FSX with just SP1 start with steam screen before the fly screen ??

Down over the years On other games I have had unusual things happen on steam installed Programs. I could not get and results or answers on line.So I deided to remove The whole shooting match from my Flight simulator Disk by reformating It . And have now bought a Used FSX gold original FSX simulator from a seller on Amazon and he confermed it was the Microsoft Gold FSX not the steam gold.already bought that set up from Down-under (Mistake).

As any one on AVSIM experianced this Steam thing on the Microsoft aceleration install.  Do I keep the disk and accept the sellers word that it is clear of any inclusion of outside code. Do I send the disk to microsoft. Or were microsoft advertiseing steam on their FSX acceleration pack ].

Can any one please sugest what may be the problem.I dont want to sell it on to cause someone else a problem

All the Best

Rex.

Are you saying you see this? If so, that's just the website that is displayed on the start screen; Microsoft changed it to reflect the release of the Steam edition. It does not mean you have the Steam edition installed.

You cannot accidentally install the Steam edition without using Steam.

Thank You For your Answer .

Still I will now install FSX gold onto a clean partician. It is true what they say Older you get ---------------

I will now inform the seller is disk is clean and I will not be sending it to Microsoft.

Thank you very much for your help

Rex.