Sign in to follow this  
TerryT

Good Headset for VOXatc ?

Hi guys,

Without breaking the bank, what is a good over the ear headset with mic for VOXatc ?

I seem to be having to say things over and over sometimes. Am sure it is my crappy Microsoft headset.

Any recommendations for a £50 £75 or thereabouts headset that has a good mic. So I don't have to keep

repeating myself.

I do have a Sennheiser HD429s which I purchased today. It has a jack plug as opposed to USB and they

seem to target tablets / phones these days. Before I open this mic (I may take it back) I thought I would ask for your

experiences or recommendations.

Cheers :)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

After years of buying the most expensive headsets in the search for better recognition I finally got round to buying one of these, figured that Creative would not have sold so many if they were no good. Still I did not expect much from them to be honest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Fatal1ty-Detachable-Noise-cancelling-Microphone/dp/B00FNK8MK2

Creative have been making this set for years now and I can see now why they are so popular, the mic is very very good.

Edit:

Amazon also show a newer model the HS-980, trust me they are even close, vinyl cups (sweaty) instead of the velour and the mic is not great.

Mine went on Ebay the day after I opened them.

Thank you for the suggestions Gregg and Glynn.

I am going to order the ones Glynn suggested simply because they cover rather than sit on the ears.

I really appreciate you both taking time to give me feedback.

Terry

Terry the HS800 that I posted do not fully enclose the ear, rather they sit on the ear but being velour they are comfortable.

Sennheiser PC 360 the best of the best, not cheap, but worth each Cent.

Best Regards

Christoph

Go to Amazon.com and search for "Sennheiser PC350 Special Edition."  One dealer has them on sale for $126.99 because it's been discontinued. Other still sell them for up to $329 because they are that good and they don't make them anymore. I got mine list price at $249 :( a few months ago.  They are the best headset going.  Really comfortable and simple to operate.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.