Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Finally a working weather injector...EFASS...and it is smooth...

Yes, I know...others are already using this...but started using this today (UltraWX portion of the program)...and am impressed.  It perfectly syncs with XPX through the plug-in...and is dancing with SkyMaxx Pro like the two of them at the Tango.... :)

I love the moving map...I feel like an air-tourist...and really know where the heck I am...!!!

Finally...a weather injector other than the baked-in one....Hooooooooooooooooray!  :Applause:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/RFp

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/RFA

I don't want break your bubble but if you have use EFASS like I did in the past 30 days, you will notice that it freezes alot, you will often lose connection to x-plane for no apparent reason and once you go to the forum and ask for support, no one will ever answer you. It's been the case for the past 8 months. I have finally uninstall it last night and I am not going back until I see a change in how froom do business.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I don't want break your bubble but if you have use EFASS like I did in the past 30 days, you will notice that it freezes alot, you will often lose connection to x-plane for no apparent reason and once you go to the forum and ask for support, no one will ever answer you. It's been the case for the past 8 months. I have finally uninstall it last night and I am not going back until I see a change in how froom do business.

I've been flying with it for over an hour and a half...and I no longer get the long SkyMaxx pauses....and man...does it load up the sky with multiple layers and what-not. Nothing inside XPX,   random, or real-weather ever gave me skies like this...and for free?  Wow....  I've been having pretty smooth performance...the best use of SkyMaxx Pro combined with this...and no long pauses or freezes as you report. As always...everybody's mileage will vary.... :ph34r:  

A most happy XPX'er...

I only get freezes in EFASS if I enable too many map options (by clicking on the various option buttons at the bottom of the map screen). Otherwise, it works very well for me, too.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I think the developer was having some major health issues. That may explain the fact that you weren't getting any response in the forum.

NAX669.png

Also unfortunately it's Windows only which basically leaves out a large number of X-Plane users who use Linux or Mac OS X

The only way that resolved my EFASS disconnections from XPX was to use it on my laptop. (multi-PC mode). So within +5min setup i enjoy it in some areas of the world..

EFASS had so much potential back in the days when it had daily updates.. Wondering what ever happened to the developer. Last i heard he's been hospitalized.. If that's true i hope for his fast recovery and return in the XP business.

Regards

I'm getting fair results with FSRealWX but there also the support is intermittent but he does usually get round to dealing with stuff eventually.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

What would be nice is an injector that interpolates when no weather stations are near, like ActiveSky. Just take a flight over the Australian mainland and after a while you'll find yourself at 29.92 with no wind or clouds. XP native real weather and FSRealWX don't help out in that dept.

I downloaded and installed EFASS yesterday, using the default settings.  I am impressed.  It seems to have disabled the "Grab real weather" options from the environment/weather section, but it provides a realistic cloud situation and seems to be happy with SkyMaxxPro.  So far, so good and no freezes.  Best looking weather I have seen on XPX.

John

John Wingold

Hi John,

Ha! I think this is my first post.

I did register EFASS early last summer when the product was receiving almost daily upgrades, and seem to be one of an apparent few that has had no significant issues with the program. Still I am reluctant to invest any more time in a product that might just fade away - or suddenly die - even though I think it had great potential. The developer supposedly had major medical issues, and there was absolutely no support for many months. Meanwhile, people continued to purchase his abandoned product. Some apparently even had their accounts suddenly disabled (informed by automated email), and had absolutely no recourse in the matter. Very sad.

Then he reappeared for a couple of days in December with an "I'm back and well" post and released a small maintenance upgrade. Many were ecstatic that this was a return to some sort of normality. Again, though, he has not been heard from since. It saddens me that people are still sending money to this developer for a product that very likely has no support and no future. Whatever the actual situation, he has handled it poorly (using my nice words here).

Best, Mark

EFASS does freeze eventually, usually after a couple of hours for me.

In the most recent update the developer added some debugging code to try and find out why.

I too registered it last year, but since the principal developer has not been well at all things have stagnated.

Here's hoping a speedy recovery, I'm sure we can wait a while longer for more updates.

Real weather..let me laugh! Yes on ground the weather engine is great, i agree with that!

But the upper winds are COMPLETELY wrong and doesn't match at all with the real ones, just check it! And i still don't understand why they dont fix that, since it would be the last thing that is missing.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

But the upper winds are COMPLETELY wrong and doesn't match at all with the real ones, just check it! And i still don't understand why they dont fix that, since it would be the last thing that is missing.

I think the issue here is that there aren't other layers inside X-Plane. it only lets you set 3 layers, which isn't enough to get an accurate depiction of the weather. Hopefully they'll improve this in future releases

Real weather..let me laugh! Yes on ground the weather engine is great, i agree with that!

But the upper winds are COMPLETELY wrong and doesn't match at all with the real ones,

No wonder, since the current weather system is totally based on METAR. This system doesn't know anything about the upper winds. They will have to overwork their weather system. When this happens we can probably expect, that several of the standard weather engines for FSX/P3D will add an interface to X-Plane.