Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Heading Selector Issue

Today half way across the Atlantic my Heading Window just keeps going 0 to 360 continually and i do not know what is causing this and consequently on my CDU display the red dotted line just keeps going round and round.I am able to fly the aircraft OK with VNAV and LNAV enabled but the problem will be if ATC decided to vector me into my destination airport.

I am wondering whether anyone may know what could be causing this and what the solution may be.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Michael Broom

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

I think you are saying that while in LNAV the MCP HDG value goes increases from 1 to 360 (zero heading is 360) around and around....did that start on the ground? Did that start during cruise? What indications are you seeing on the FMA (SPD|VNAV|LNAV PTH?)?  Can you reproduce the problem?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes,I am saying that HDG value continually is going round and round and this only happens during the cruise.This does not happen every time but just now and again.

On the FMA I have SPD/LNAV/VNAV PATH.

I cannot  really reproduce the problem.

The plane is flying fine and I am currently still flying the route from EGLL to KPHX but the MCP HDG just keeps going round and round.

Any further observations would be welcome.

Michael Broom

Michael Broom

The plane is flying fine and I am currently still flying the route from EGLL to KPHX but the MCP HDG just keeps going round and round.

Do you have any hardware button assignments that might be sending this command?

Kyle Rodgers

Michael, you are reporting a unique one-of-a-kind oddity therefore we conclude that there is something unique about your configuration/setup/game controllers that is sending an increase value signal to the MCP heading.  This can be assigned to a keyboard keystroke with the FMS PMDG Options > Key Commands > HEADING SELECTOR INC setting.  Also, an assigned keystroke can be intercepted by FSUIPC and assigned to a button on your game controller so the possibilities are numerous.

If nothing at all can be found, then the last place to wonder is something really odd with a saved flight perhaps although I would find it very interesting if it could be traced to this.

Please Please let us know if you discover what is causing this, especially if you can determine the steps to reproduce.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I have completed a flight today and nothing happened, it behaved fine.

Should I find what is causing it then I will come back to you.

Regards,

Michael Broom

Michael Broom

Hi everyone.

I suffer from the same issue, I have not been able to understand where does this come from. However, the strange behavior starts on the ground. I usually set the runway hdg on the mcp before taxi. When I arrive at the runway, the hdg has changed by itself, with the degrees growing one by one.

Very strange, I watched this in FSX and yesterday in P3D !

I've been wandering if this was not a simconnect issue. I have Pro ATC X (with the copilot autopilot/gear/flaps control disabled, only radios) and ASN, and it seemed like this issue happened after a Pro atc X update.

@Michael, do you use Pro atc X by any chance ?

Youssef DAHBY

Hi.

Made a few tests on yesterday. It's got to be Pro ATC X. I never have the issue when the program is off.

Youssef DAHBY

Yes. Pro ATC X with the copilot autopilot control disabled, only radios and contact ATC. Same problem in the NGX with SP1d.

Yes. Pro ATC X with the copilot autopilot control disabled, only radios and contact ATC. Same problem in the NGX with SP1d.

Sounds like a ProATCX issue, then.

I'll mention it to the team to see if we should look into it from our end, though.

Kyle Rodgers