Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

I think windoze is causing bad input from my rudder pedals.

OK, both sides of my toe brakes are engaging at random times. Makes taxiing a bit difficult. I've checked both pots and they seem OK and connections tight.

FSUIPC shows little random spikes as the assembly simply sits in place wth nothing touching it.

My thinking is that perhaps Windoze joystick calibration is conflicting somehow. I saw a post that mentioned a way to clear all that out but there were no specifics so, I'm a bit lost on the subject.

Anyne know how to go about this or can point me to a link or such?

Interesting stuff memorgan but, i'm using CH pedals and did NOT install their drivers for the pedals. I had used the windows calibration when I first got the pedals to use with FSX before I got FSUIPC installed. Had conflicts all over the place with button assignments and got that all straightened out. This little issue just showed up a month ago and I simply let it be but now it's darn right irritating.

Interesting stuff memorgan but, i'm using CH pedals and did NOT install their drivers for the pedals. I had used the windows calibration when I first got the pedals to use with FSX before I got FSUIPC installed. Had conflicts all over the place with button assignments and got that all straightened out. This little issue just showed up a month ago and I simply let it be but now it's darn right irritating.

I had a similar problem a while back. of course as you have said you need to ensure no conflicts in the control axis settings, I had some in the trim wheel and the x52 throt.

you could try and tick the ' Rev' box in the brakes joystick calibration in FSIUPC4 , both left and right.

bob

Yes, the toe brake axis has to be reversed or I would have brakes applied all the time... that's not the problem. The problem is random, spurious, sudden, braking on one side or the other.

Yes, the toe brake axis has to be reversed or I would have brakes applied all the time... that's not the problem. The problem is random, spurious, sudden, braking on one side or the other.

this a quote from the fsuipc4 manual.

"The other option is Rev. If you check that, FSUIPC4 reverses the axis completely, just before supplying the calibrated

value to FS. All the calibrations and so on are done exactly as above—if you select Reverse you will simply see the

Output value change. This option is provided for the few cases where the FS option for axis reversal doesn’t appear to

work, or doesn’t apply in any case."

you could try unclicking it.

bob

The checkbox labeled "Rev" IS REVERSE... I have to have that checked or the axis input will have the toe brakes applied all the time. Apparently I am not being clear...

No matter how carefully I calibrate my toebrake axis in FSUIPC, I get RANDOM, VARIABLE, SPURIOUS, signals at RANDOM TIMES on either one or sometimes both toe brakes... it is not a calibration issue with FSUIPC nor is it a case of not knowing that I need to reverse the signal in order to have my toe brakes not be applied constantly.

Something is conflicting and I suspect it to be the Windows 7 joystick calibration! I read that there is a way to clear that calibration out to eliminate that possibility but I did not find the steps needed to do so.

Sorry for sounding all out of sorts but I pretty clearly stated the problem in my original post.

The checkbox labeled "Rev" IS REVERSE... I have to have that checked or the axis input will have the toe brakes applied all the time. Apparently I am not being clear...

No matter how carefully I calibrate my toebrake axis in FSUIPC, I get RANDOM, VARIABLE, SPURIOUS, signals at RANDOM TIMES on either one or sometimes both toe brakes... it is not a calibration issue with FSUIPC nor is it a case of not knowing that I need to reverse the signal in order to have my toe brakes not be applied constantly.

Something is conflicting and I suspect it to be the Windows 7 joystick calibration! I read that there is a way to clear that calibration out to eliminate that possibility but I did not find the steps needed to do so.

Sorry for sounding all out of sorts but I pretty clearly stated the problem in my original post.

sorry I couldn't help, you may be best posting over on Pete's support forum at Simflight.com

bob