Sign in to follow this  
percylee

Fix for no landing lights

I have search and best I can figure out is that in the FSX 2D using new view cockpit for outside view and pop ups display landing lights will not illuminate the ground.....Will there be a fix for this or is there already one?

thanks

percy lee

best I can figure out is that in the FSX 2D using new view cockpit for outside view and pop ups display landing lights will not illuminate the ground.

Uh? Light "splash" in daytime is an option via the FMS PMDG Option menu, always has been.  However, I'm not sure what the question is.

Dan Downs KCRP

Light splash is enabled, lights work fine in VC but when using  FSX option menu 2D mode and under new view cockpit view selected,  this gives an out side view in front of airplane just like a 2D cockpit with main panel closed...Landing lights do not illuminate the ground...this mode would only affect a few uses so I would guess that no option will be available.

Percy lee

I don't know why you'd set up a view situation like that... you can also get a cockpit view without panel with Shift+A.

Dan Downs KCRP

Update... okay I see what you see. Never noticed... at night I can see the taxi light splash from virtual cockpit but if I back up one view to the 2D view (which is looking forward without panel since there is no 2D panel) the taxi light splash disappears.  Does this also happen in default aircraft?  I ask because I don't think the nigh time light spash is something that PMDG touches.  That is a FSX native feature... I think.

Dan Downs KCRP

HI , Yes does work with default in both FSX and P3D.  I have my own MCP, thrust levers, rudders and yoke (all home made) with PFD,ND, FMC AND ENG indications on their own monitors and outside view is moved to a projector screen.  With this set up do not need VC cockpit as it would move to the projector outside and be very distracting...I have seen several other post asking same basic question.

I see you are retired Air Force I also am retired E7 USAF.

Percy Lee.

Percy, hope you are enjoying your retirement from USAF... I enlisted for Nam then got smart and got a degree and commission and retired after Desert Storm.  My son just retired as an E-7 as well but his generation had more tough deployments than I had.

Back on topic, I suggest you submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support ( http://support.precisionmanuals.com ). They will probably enter the item in their bug tracking system so next overhaul it gets picked up.  Probably a minor tweak.

Dan Downs KCRP

So there's no fix for this issue? I've been flying using cockpit view rather than VC view. Just landed at KMCO in the dark in 2d cockpit view but I have ground illumination only in VC and exterior views.

So there's no fix for this issue? I've been flying using cockpit view rather than VC view. Just landed at KMCO in the dark in 2d cockpit view but I have ground illumination only in VC and exterior views.

What issue?  There were several issues discussed in this old old thread.  Please start a new thread with a description of your problem and simulator platform.

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

What issue?  There were several issues discussed in this old old thread.  Please start a new thread with a description of your problem and simulator platform.

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

I was replying to this thread which is titled "Fix for no landing lights."

Lee Alexander

FSX, FSXSE or P3D? If P3D which version?

You know this thread wasn't about no landing lights from the VC cockpit right? Is that your problem?

Dan Downs KCRP

As for the lights switch;
go to the controls.xml which can be found in the same place as your fsx.cfg and open it with notepad
then enter the next somewhere in between;
<Entry>
            <Key>SHIFT+M</Key>
            <Down>TOGGLE_CABIN_LIGHTS</Down>
        </Entry>
I use Shift +M since I am on an azerty keyboard and the M is right next to the L, any free combination will work .
Then in every aircraft.cfg you want to change go the the lights section and find the light that has number 4 as a type ( panel light) and change the 4 to 10 and the fx_vclight to fx_vclighth. Then you can fiddle around with the placement of the light. Now you can switch the panel light with “Shift+L”( all lights type 4) and the dome light with “Shift+M” ( all lights type 10).

here is the example for the default king air

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
light.0 = 3,   0.56, -28.41,  1.97, fx_navred ,
light.1 = 3,   0.56,  28.41,  1.97, fx_navgre ,
light.2 = 3, -31.20,   0.00,  9.75, fx_navwhi ,
light.3 = 2,   0.89, -28.48,  1.87, fx_strobe ,
light.4 = 2,   0.89,  28.48,  1.87, fx_strobe ,
light.5 = 1, -26.30,   0.00,  9.89, fx_beacon ,
light.6 = 2,  -4.55,   0.00, -1.85, fx_strobe ,
light.7 = 10,   4.91,   0.00,  1.64, fx_vclighth,

If there are 2 // then delete them,

For the next list of planes you can disable the next textures in the aircraft's base texture folder;

all .dds files with a number_night.dds into .dds.bck, this way you can always revert back to default.

What this will do is if you press "Shift+L" then all the gauges will be lit, the rest of the cockpit stays dark,

"Shift+M" toggles the dome light which lights up all the cockpit;

A321

B737-800

C172

C208B

DC3

FA18

DHC-2 ( Beaver )

Grumman Goose

Maule M7

P51 Racer

Much luck and happy night flying

Herman

To the moderator;

Noticed to late that this topic is for PMDG so please move my answer to the correct topic concerning default aircraft cockpit and panel lights in FSX or put it as a new topic if it doesn't exist yet,

best regards, Herman