Sign in to follow this  
htuna

Bell 407 won't start

I grabbed the 407 a few days ago via sale.. Flew it around even though I didn't know what I was doing, but I could start and fly.. Next night after watching video's start it up do better job flying, but it was having engine problems.

Tonight.. can't get it to start at all.. winds up, winds down.. followed the checklist no good.. Restarted FSX.. went to a different side of the country.. still no good.  Watching a video last night I saw a guy push "switch pedal stop" during the startup (even though I don't see that in the manual).. tried that and that didn't work either. Did reset failures, still no good.

Kind of frustrating, get out of work, excited to check out my Orbx scenery in a chopper and it's not happening :-(.

Did you turn off the weather? Try that first.

Mid that doesn't work, forums.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I tried it from different parts of the country? Re-reading the manual last night in bed, i'm wondering if the 'start' switch was not returning to center and I had to click it again (I didn't have to do that the previous nights). I can try that again tonight. I was able to get flying, by putting another plane in the sim.. starting it and switching back (but that's not realistic).

What does this mean? "Mid that doesn't work, forums"?

I tried again at lunch.. to make sure the switch reverted.. this time it didn't even spin the rotor.. I did a Ctrl E and it started right up..

When reading the manual last night it said something about another manual, but I can' find that in the plane documentation directory.

Click twice please

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Well tonight I did two flights.. both startups were successful.. go figure.. the first one I took of form Orcas Island Orbx PNW.. pouring rain.. started fine, I did click twice. The second flight I took off from Flytampa KBOS.. Sunny day (changed the time of day).. This time I did not click the switch twice but it still started fine.

Only other thing I did different was before the flight I did go into that configure app and chose every option on there.. saved it.. then chose the options I wanted. The manual did say to do that, even though I was trying lots of options before, I never really changed all of them. Maybe that was it, I don't know. will keep my fingers crossed on future flights.

ASN was running on both flights as well.

it's by the livery....

I had trouble starting and for me having my CH Throttle quadrant hardware mixture control at full rich solved my problem. 

Mike

So that's the governor right? I was putting that on full when I was having trouble and it didn't seem to help. I will try an fly tonight and see if I'm still lucky.

As I stated on the other 407 thread, it looks like ASN is the cause. hopefully something that can be fixed in a future patch..

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is relevant.

Does anyone know if there was ever a fix to the ASN issue? I've got the same problem (recent purchase) and it won't start or run when ASN is running. It's annoying as it's a gread add-on but I was hoping to train my rotary skills in all kinds of weather, not just the default themes!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

It's not fixed yet.

Yes. This is an old thread...

Picked this up with the sale tonight.

I cannot get this thing to start. Neither cold and dark or ready to fly.

I've turned off weather (wth?) and watched videos etc. No dice.

Does this work with P3D? Does Milviz give refunds?

Not happy.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Are you loading a default aeroplane first and then switching to the chopper? doing that tends to sort problems like that one out.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Chock,

Yes, but no that didn't help.

What I see is the blades twitch about the time they should start rotating and then no movement and failed start.

It's as if there's a rotor brake on. There is one modeled, but it doesn't react to any mouse or keyboard inputs.

I've requested support from milviz. we'll see what happens.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS