Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

Sim Physics X or Accu Feel?

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to spend a few bucks again and was looking at these two addons, Sim Physics X and Accu Feel.

Sim Physics X:

http://www.thefsps.com/fsx/47-fsps-sim-physics-x-p3d-bundle.html

Accu-Feel:

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=55

Have you guys tried either of these addons?  Any recommendations?   Pros? Cons?  

Thanks!! 

-Andrew Coste

I have used Accu Feel for sometime and it's a nice little addon, can't speak to Sim Physics. RealAir and A2A (who developed Accu Feel) and I suspect a few others are actually adding these effects directly into their planes, so as more developers add these cool effects there will probably be less of a need for these addons? Just a thought!

I absolutely love the sounds and camera motion that Accusim brings. Would not fly without it. Cannot speak to SPX unfortunately.

Good luck making a decision!

I have both. SimPhysics is uninstalled, i didn't find it added much of anything to the experience.  AccuFeel has good and subtle effects but as noted above not all payware aircraft like it. It can, however, be disabled on a case-by-case basis.

Hans Soule

Not sure if you guys are having a problem with commercial jets and Accusim, but I own about 75 payware GA aircraft, and have never had a problem. A2A, Carenado, Sibwings, Alabeo, FlightReplicas, Milviz, Aerosoft work great.

Not sure if you guys are having a problem with commercial jets and Accusim, but I own about 75 payware GA aircraft, and have never had a problem. A2A, Carenado, Sibwings, Alabeo, FlightReplicas, Milviz, Aerosoft work great.

Wait, which one works well for you?  Sim Physics X or Accu-Feel?  You said Accusim so I got confused.

-Andrew Coste

Wait, which one works well for you?  Sim Physics X or Accu-Feel?  You said Accusim so I got confused.

-Andrew Coste

Sorry for the confusion.

In my experience, Accusim works great for all of the GA payware aircraft I listed in my earlier post. I was basically wondering if people were having problems with Accufeel and certain payware commercial jets. I don't own any, so I wouldn't know.

Cheers

[edited to change "Accusim" to "Accufeel"]

I was basically wondering if people were having problems with Accusim and certain payware commercial jets. I don't own any, so I wouldn't know.

I have AccuFeel with my PMDG 747 and no issues (although I would be nervous flying a real 747 with some of those noises <g). This is on FSX-SE standalone.

Hello. 

Strongly thinking of getting this Add On (Accu-Feel)  

Question:  Does it really add that much to the over all experience?   Its just that the experience of flying A2A always feels great with loads of different effects and sounds to it.  So does the Accu-Feel package just pump up the effects that are already there or does it add something extra?     I fly Cherokee,  C182,  B17 and Mustang 

It doesn't add anything to the Accu-sim aircraft - in fact, it's off by default when they're loaded.  It enhances other aircraft (default, freeware, payware) mainly with sounds, also by adding some ground and water physics and some turbulence effects.  I use it with the Manfred Jahn C-47 - mainly by moving the cabin integrity slider to "bucket of bolts," which gives it a nice barely-stuck-together feeling.  Works nicely with TuFun's sound package.  So it's good for applications like that.  If you're exclusively an Accu-sim flyer, there's no point.

I suspect it sometimes causes issues with some payware (for example, by ramping up ground friction) but I haven't had a chance to test this out.  You always have the option of turning it off for individual aircraft or globally.

Hope this helps.

I had Accu-Feel installed but couldn't see really what it was doing for me above what I was getting with good quality GA payware and ASN. Also I suspected some conflicts with ASN in turbulence and with the payware aircraft on stall characteristics. I thought it was just really unnecessary so I threw it on the scrap heap. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Not the first payware I chucked.

In my case accufeel caused wheel sink on NGX with autobrake on - no idea what was the relation but disabling it solved it.

Besides it did not give any realistic feel to NGX since this aircraft already has physics and sounds on top leveL. It worked though in less complex add ons