Sign in to follow this  
kaganarisut

Complete FSX payware Addon Set for visuality

Hi -

For newbies, it will be better to replay this topic:) 

I need to clear my confusion about purchasing right addons to make FSX better. But I read that it depends on where you want to fly.

I am in Turkey, so I must choose europe based addons I think, and I figured out these categories as needed. could you please give opinion , advice, and correct. it is really confusing

1. Mesh -->  FS Global (all regions bundle) covers the entire World

2. AFM --> FS Global AFM (but I know that current version is not designed to work with FTX Global Vector, should I have to install now?)

3. Ground Textures --> FTX Global Base

4. Vector --> FTX Global Vector

5. Landclass --> FTX Global OpenLC Europe

6. Scenery --> ?? what is this, and which one should I have to buy?

7. Weather Engine --> Active Sky Next

8. Weather Textures --> REX4 Texture Direct (I am not sure about switching off something to prevent conflicting texture parts with others above)

If something are missing could you also pls add above. I figured out after searching lots of things but still not sure about something. thanks in advance.

(1) Mesh I would say is essential.  As for the rest, I would leave it until you are more familiar with the Simulator and it's settings. How they work and the resulting effects that each has on your visuals.

Your list is pretty much correct as regard FTX products but do not rush into it. Each has its trade off in performance and requires a knowledge of the workings of the Sim so you can fine tune.

Perhaps when you have a full understanding of what (6) Scenery is and how it "works". Then it will be time to be more adventurous....bit like learning to walk before you can run. And remember forum along with google "search" facilities are your friend.

Enjoy the hobby.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...