Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

problem with fsi client

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the FSI client but  the option "enable live weather" is greyed out. The connection to the server is working and live traffic is enabled.

I have the option "enable live weather engine" ticked in the server configuration.

What could be wrong ?

Martin

Are you trying to set up a Live View type client (a client that will be used with its own installed sim to display a camera view), or a No Connection... type client (one that is purely used to display the LWA Map, issue weather commands etc..). The Enable Weather option is only applicable to the first type and enables the weather update messages so the generated weather on the server system can be transferred and injected into the sim. The weather option is not applicable to No Connection types and so will be greyed out. Please note, the Opus LWE generates and maintains over one million meteorological parameters and can only run on the main system. Under normal operation the LWE has no effect on the sims performance.

Stephen :-)

Ah, I see. I have no intention of installing the sim on the client computer.

Thank you for your swift answer, I could not find an answer in the manual .

Martin

Euhm, There still is a problem.

The manual states under Client Side LWE Control
NO license, SIM, or FSUIPC4 is needed on the client.

Open the clients Configuration dialog.
Specify your server's computer name or IP address.
Tick Enable Live View Updates.
Select the No Connection to the Simulator option.
Click OK and restart.

First, there's no enable live view updates, only enable live view and it's greyed out, only when I would specify a path to a local installation of FSX can I choose it.

So the part about not needing a sim install is not true ?

Yes LWE 'Control' ... Not the actual LWE which runs on the server.

For No Connection... type clients you obviously do not need the sim installed although you will need SimConnect libraries.

LWE Control however is not the LWE.

The No Connection types are simply used to display the LWA Map and allow some control actions to be made from the client, such as specifying parameters, flight plans, forcing a weather update (still the server that actually downloads and generates the weather).

The Enable Live View Updates is a typo error.

Its the Enable Live Traffic option that can be ticked which will enable Live Traffic updates on the LWA Map.

After you select the No Connection type you really only have the Enable Live Traffic and Run in High Priority options to consider.