Sign in to follow this  
kramerdc9

Gear Down Warning and no steering on Ground- Partially fixed

Ok guys, I think I figured out is causing the issue. When I first received the aircraft, I had no problems with the gear warning until I chose a different model. Some models create this problem. The one I'm not having problems with is the very last one- red and white. I'll contact Alabeo and let them know about the issue. Hope this helps.

Well I thought that fixed it, but I flew it once again using the red and white aircraft and still experienced it. Funny, didn't do it previous few flights using that aircraft. Will try to contact alabeo and get an update. Sorry.

Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted on this but I did find a fix for this since Alebeo doesn't have one. When you load up the aircraft, immediately press shift 5 and the select cold and dark. After that, all you have to do is start the aircraft and you shouldn't have the problem anymore. At least this is working for me. Hope this helps.

Nice one. Thanks for posting a workaround for others to find. :smile:

Thanks for the fix! I've been avoiding the Saratoga for weeks because of the gear down warning.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted on this but I did find a fix for this since Alebeo doesn't have one. When you load up the aircraft, immediately press shift 5 and the select cold and dark. After that, all you have to do is start the aircraft and you shouldn't have the problem anymore. At least this is working for me. Hope this helps.

Well done kramerdc9.

bob

thanks for the workaround i will try.

I hope alabeo will correctly support their product and provide a fix...

Thanks for your tip, I give it next time a try.

Kind Regards,

Timo

The "cold and dark restart" did not work for me. I still get the warning tones after I put down the second notch of flaps. It doesn't even matter if the gear are up or down!

- Bill Magann

In order to "fix" this, I simply changed "gear_warning_available=0" in the aircraft.cfg. It feels like a cop out fix, but I figure it's a major distraction during landing and is safer off than on.

In order to "fix" this, I simply changed "gear_warning_available=0" in the aircraft.cfg. It feels like a cop out fix, but I figure it's a major distraction during landing and is safer off than on.

Simple and elegant solution. I hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks.

- Bill Magann

It is otherwise such an excellent plane that it is very disappointing indeed.

- Bill Magann