Sign in to follow this  
TONZA

PMDG 773ER install issues with FSX:SE

This is probably getting tiresome for everyone, so I will keep it brief.

I uninstalled the B773ER and B772LR and tried installing both to the steam edition.

The base file works problem free but when I attempt to install the -300ER, it says it can't find the base installation and that it is looking at a blank location. The registry past was set to the :SE version of FSX.

Can anyone help?

Also have attempted other fixes, including having both boxes checked (gives an error), installed all MSI's from the simconnect and still go nowhere. Has anyone else got a solution.

Thanks in advance,

TONZA

Make sure all files and folders related to the original FSX install have been deleted, including the folders in AppData

Same problem to me. Uninstalled both 777 from FSX and FSX SE and after installing 772, when trying to install 300 extension system says that base pack is not installed.

Please any solution?

I have to assume you used either the control panel or the installers to remove the products from FSX.  If you were deleting files that should be uninstalled using only these two methods then you will have problem.

It's entirely possible that Dovetail has made another change to how they register their installs, so far there are about nine permutations without any logic. I suggest you submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support and let them dig into this directly.

Dan Downs KCRP

But did you instal both versions? I mean FSX and FSX Steam? The thing is that I would like not to install FSX version.

The thing is that I would like not to install FSX version.

You do not have to install FSX to use FSXSE PMDG products.  If you have submitted a ticket to Product Support they will help you.  You didn't mention if your PMDG 777LRF product works okay, so I assume everything is okay with that?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks again for answer. No, even the base product is nor working as since I uninstalled FSX original, when I run PMDG archive for basic 777, I get an error that a valid license is not available.

Thanks again for answer. No, even the base product is nor working as since I uninstalled FSX original, when I run PMDG archive for basic 777, I get an error that a valid license is not available.

Uh?  You said you had a problem installing the 300ER extension (which requires the 200LRF base package)... now you say you cannot install the base package and I am confused. Why were you trying to install the extension without the base package?

Start from the beginning:  You uninstalled the FSX based PMDG products then tried to install into FSXSE. Right? You have current SP1D installer downloaded from the site, right? Please explain your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, sorry, I did not explain myself. As I had problems for reinstalling 300 extension I tried to uninstall FSX original and removing 777 from both games, original and SE. Things then became worse as now, after uninstalling complete 777 from FSX SE and FSX original and FSX original game, when I run new installer downloaded from my account, I get an error that a valid FSX license was not found. I also tried to uninstall FSX SE and installing again but the same.

Finally solved after repairing FSX cfg file with help of PMDG customer support and downloading again new installers that seemed to be damaged.