Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 ... almost there ... C-130 fireworks ... Homer ... bad landing

It's looks like v2.5 is getting close (final Beta so hopefully not too much longer before release) ... I even tossed Captain Sim's C-130 (FSX only aircraft) at v2.5 after getting the OK from CS ... made a few adjustments so the installer would work and viola ...

WARNING: I just jumped in ... no reading of manuals, no figuring anything out ... and it shows.

Tested on Orbx Homer (PAHO) recent release for P3D, without an (ObjectFlow.dll) ... seemed to work well.

Yes I missed something on landing, thought I had the gear down, but maybe the skids?  Don't know, I'm sure there's a C-130 pilot somewhere around here to enlighten me.

Cheers, Rob.

Tested on Orbx Homer (PAHO) recent release for P3D, without an (ObjectFlow.dll) ... seemed to work well.

I thought ORBX stuff was not going to work initially because of the new folder structure??

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Good news!!! Rob :rolleyes:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I even tossed Captain Sim's C-130 (FSX only aircraft) at v2.5 after getting the OK from CS ... made a few adjustments so the installer would work and viola ...

Very interesting Rob, what did you need to do the get the installer work?

Do you think CS will make an updated installer?

LM should just add all available Lockheed aircraft to P3D  :lol:

I thought ORBX stuff was not going to work initially because of the new folder structure??

gb.

I hope this got resolved during the Beta-process. Though there hasn't been any new information other than OrbX saying they're "working on it".

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I am not sure I have the will to re-install P3D once again. It's working fine right now.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Wow. Even though you warned us Rob, the squealing on the landing really caught me off-guard. :D

Thank you Rob. I now feel a lot better about my landing :-)

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Rob, what did you need to do the get the installer work?

Just need to create two files call FSX.EXE and the other FS9.EXE (can be empty files) in the P3D root.  But be warned there is some functionality not working such as Radar, nav lights, and the sounds seem a little off.  It also wants to install OpenAL (sound driver which might explain sound issues) which maybe a source for PVF (Pure Virtual Function) errors.  Even though I got C-130 to work, it definitely needs some additional work to really be P3D compatible and CS will not support it under P3D.  But no the less, I enjoyed trying it out and was glad seem much was functional.

I wish I kept my 2.2, - v2.4 is killing me with VAS, I can't even enjoy PNW now.

VAS is improved with the fix to Vehicle Selection (big source of VAS consumption if you browse aircraft) and the new UseGlobalTerrainView=True in Prepar3d.cfg.  However, PNW and KORS and Victoria seem to be big consumers of VAS ... but to be honest, Orbx have so many detailed airports in that area and along with close proximity to KSEA and Vancouver ... so in terms of VAS that location is really stressed for memory consumption.

There were some things I needed to do, so Orbx will have to address those also.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the C-130 ride Rob. It brought back many memories. I spent a lot of time in jump seat of the 130 over the Far East and South East Asia. Even got a good bit of stick time in the right seat but don't tell the government! :American Flag:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Is Estonia Migration Tool not going to work w/ 2.5 do we know?  I guess they will create an update hopefully...

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Is Estonia Migration Tool not going to work w/ 2.5 do we know?

I don't know, I've never needed to use EMT ... but I would imagine they need to make some adjustments if they want to support v2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, are you using any of the cloud size adjustments in that video or the default 0.5 value?

Ryan

Rob, are you using any of the cloud size adjustments in that video or the default 0.5 value?

I'm using the file provided in V2.5.

Cheers, Rob.