Sign in to follow this  
BAW277

RAAS wants to update

Dear all,

I do not want to get confused here, RAAS pro that came with the T7 wants to update itself, which is all good and well. On the website they mention an already updated version of RAAS pro that comes with the T7 installer and an SP1D.

I am sure I did not miss a SP, except for the one for FSX:SE since I do not own FSX:SE. Is that the one meant? Do I simply download the RAAS-pro-installer for my T7 and I am set?

Thanks in advance

Holger Kneib

I believe the 777 locked RAAS Pro installer is only included in the 777 base installer, so you cannot download it separately. To update it you'll need to update to SP1D

The locked version is what you need, it has an option to install FSX:SE.

I received the same notification for the Airbus Extended today too.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

RAAS FOR THE PMDG 777 (LOCKED VERSION - ONLY WORKS WITH THE 'PMDG 777')

This update was built into SP1D from PMDG (version 1.10.6320)

If you do not have SP1D from PMDG, please download it now.

Note: PMDG built SP1D into their main installer, so you will need to re-download the 777 again from PMDG to get the latest version.

There is no stand-alone updater for SP1D.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Funny thing (and I hope it's alright!): I have both A320 and B-777, and I was launching FSX and it just asked me if I wished to update RAAS (I'm not a Pro user). Then I went to the website I read all instructions. Well, I don't own FSX:SE, so I didn't wish to install SP1d (would I have all my saved flights, panel states deleted anyway?) because my current SP1c within FSX is just fine and it has several customized options set as per my preferences, and I didn't want to loose it. Opposite to B-777, A320 has in fact a standalone RAAS updater, so I just did it. And guess what! That's the good surprise: when I checked the version of RAAS associated with B-777 it just told me it was up-to-date already. :-D

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I have a new Steam only install.  The 777 WAS working fine.  Now I get that it needs to a online activation.  No problem, I copy/paste in my registration, it doesn't like it!

I go to my user login on the PMDG commerce site....not sure if I see the SP1D...but I have to have it installed...as I only have the Steam addition.

Totally confused and frustrated that a RAAS update breaks my 777. :angry:  

Oh, and I have the Aerosoft Airbus series with RAAS in it as well...figured I'd update that one as well...seemed to work fine, but did not fix my 777 issue. 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Funny thing (and I hope it's alright!): I have both A320 and B-777, and I was launching FSX and it just asked me if I wished to update RAAS (I'm not a Pro user). Then I went to the website I read all instructions. Well, I don't own FSX:SE, so I didn't wish to install SP1d (would I have all my saved flights, panel states deleted anyway?) because my current SP1c within FSX is just fine and it has several customized options set as per my preferences, and I didn't want to loose it. Opposite to B-777, A320 has in fact a standalone RAAS updater, so I just did it. And guess what! That's the good surprise: when I checked the version of RAAS associated with B-777 it just told me it was up-to-date already. :-D

This will have updated the RAAS module for the A320, but won't have updated all the 777 config files so you've kind of half updated.

I have a new Steam only install.  The 777 WAS working fine.  Now I get that it needs to a online activation.  No problem, I copy/paste in my registration, it doesn't like it!

I go to my user login on the PMDG commerce site....not sure if I see the SP1D...but I have to have it installed...as I only have the Steam addition.

Totally confused and frustrated that a RAAS update breaks my 777. :angry:  

Oh, and I have the Aerosoft Airbus series with RAAS in it as well...figured I'd update that one as well...seemed to work fine, but did not fix my 777 issue. 

RAAS won't have broken your 777 install. If you have issues activating, contact PMDG at support.precisionmanuals.com

The updates for RAAS available from FS2Crew are only for RAAS Pro (the fully unlocked verson you can buy separate) and the Aerosoft A320. Neither will properly update RAAS for the 777 as the updates are built into the PMDG installers.

This will have updated the RAAS module for the A320, but won't have updated all the 777 config files so you've kind of half updated.

RAAS won't have broken your 777 install. If you have issues activating, contact PMDG at support.precisionmanuals.com

The updates for RAAS available from FS2Crew are only for RAAS Pro (the fully unlocked verson you can buy separate) and the Aerosoft A320. Neither will properly update RAAS for the 777 as the updates are built into the PMDG installers.

Thanks Chis,

I opened a ticket with PMDG.  Still not sure why its all of sudden asking for an activation when I load the 777.

And I did a repair from the installer when reinstalling it...figured it'd fix itself, then if it wanted the reg code again (which it did), it would take the one I copied/pasted from my purchase confirmation email that included the code.  Didn't work sadly.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

There use to be a RAAS Tab in my P3Dv4 addon Tab now there is none and I do not here it either despite it being enabled in my FMC for all PMDG aircraft.  So I uninstalled all PMDG aircraft reading that the RAAS is in the PMDG Aircraft file and I can say not when I installed it?  So now what?

15 hours ago, Thomasdennis said:

There use to be a RAAS Tab in my P3Dv4 addon Tab now there is none and I do not here it either despite it being enabled in my FMC for all PMDG aircraft.  So I uninstalled all PMDG aircraft reading that the RAAS is in the PMDG Aircraft file and I can say not when I installed it?  So now what?

Hi Tom, there is a locked version of RAAS included with 777 and QOTSII only, not all aircraft.  Uninstalling and installing aircraft is not a good way to troubleshoot because you will create more problems than you solve.  The PMDG installer for those two products will add the RAAS module to the P3Dv4 dll.xml located in the c:\Programdata section.  Any errors in either dll.xml file can cause things to not load.

If you contact PMDG Product Support via trouble ticket they can help you out the the dll.xml issue.

Dan Downs KCRP