Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Parking Brake Issue

I cannot release the parking brake or set it, either with the keyboard, hardware, or in the vc.  Someone suggested that I may have it assigned to more than one keys.

The problem is only with the PMDG T7.  I checked all my hardware and keyboard assignments.  I can't find any double entries.

The strange thing is that if I use the FMC-ground services, to either set or remove the wheel blocks,  That will set or release the brakes.  The is the ONLY way to set or release.

I had posted on this previously but I cannot get to my post for some reason, so I am posting again.

Gnacino

Full names here please.... I've reminded you of this at least three time.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had posted on this previously but I cannot get to my post for some reason, so I am posting again.

The reason why you can't get to your post, is because it was probably deleted since you don't follow the forum rules :)

in the fmc under fs actions and ground connections. check if the wheel chocks are removed..

in the fmc under fs actions and ground connections. check if the wheel chocks are removed

In the op first post he has said he has done this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In the op first post he has said he has done this

Not exactly. He said the chocks were the only way to set the parking brake. What we don't know is whether he removed the chocks and then tried the parking brake.

Also the 777 needs some hydraulic pressure before the parking brake will operate.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Also the 777 needs some hydraulic pressure before the parking brake will operate

I didn't know that.  It makes sense though.  I'll try it later on today.

George Nacino

It was that.  No hydraulics, brakes no work.  I guess I'll be demoted to right seat for a while.

George Nacino

Not exactly. He said the chocks were the only way to set the parking brake. What we don't know is whether he removed the chocks and then tried the parking brake.

guess I go back to reading  again,  thought the way he wrote it he tried it both ways

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It was that. No hydraulics, brakes no work. I guess I'll be demoted to right seat for a while.

George Nacino

You wouldn't normally be in this situation with no brake accumulator pressure in real life. It would be more realistic if this was the case with the PMDG 777. However I think you can save a panel state with the accumulator pressurised to get around it.

ki9cAAb.jpg