Sign in to follow this  
FEDEX061

Pushback

Had the most interesting pushback today. Set FMC for 90* nose to the left and default 265 feet. The first move was nose right 45*. Then straight for a while, then left 45*, then right 45*, then left 45*, then left again, then right...and so on. It pushed me for about 4 minutes. Across the ramp, across the grass, across the taxiway, across the runway, back across the grass, back across the taxiway and back across the ramp. I ended up about 4 gates down facing 180* from where I started.

It only stopped when I set the parking brake. It then announced push back complete, set parking brake.

This took place at KMEM using default FSX scenery. The only addon was ASN.

Jerry Carroll

Sounds like you made it halfway to Nashville.

Can you reproduce?  Was the flight a flight loaded from a previous flight?  Were you mean to the tug driver?

Dan Downs KCRP

Have not been able to reproduce but I've been seeing strange things with the pushback.  Flight was loaded with default Trike at KMEM.  Loaded short haul panel.

The tug driver is my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend and baby daddy.  You think that might have something to do with it? 

You think that might have something to do with it?

OMG funny... maybe?  The short vs long panel states, if that's what you reference, refer to the turnaround time at the gate and not length of flight.  I don't think the PMDG provided panel states would cause a problem (as long as they don't predate SP1), I might on a far chance suspect a flight that was loaded and something was amiss in all the moving parts involved but just maybe.  I've been using GSX pushback lately because it leaves you right on a taxi path but will give the FMS method a workout to see if I can upset the tug driver.

Dan Downs KCRP

Roger that, Major.  The flight was a simple one from KMEM to KMSP.  Who knows.  I've noticed the pushback going 45* then straight then another 45* on several pushes.  Didn't think too much about it until he pushed me in a circle at Memphis.

Wasn't this chestnut aired when the 737NGX came out before we had GSX push-back? Using that FMC method for pushback was at the time creating all kinds of haywires, IIRC, such as not making the correct angle, going onto the grass, etc, etc.