Sign in to follow this  
787WannabePilot

Controller of choice?

I've been using the cursed Logitech Xtreme for a long time. Then, I got bored with the need of re-calibrating all the time and bought the Saitek AV8R-02...man, it's night and day - so precise, I can finally do greaser landings... I have Saitek rudder pedals and throttle quadrant to accompany it.

I was using the Logitech Xtreme for a long time as well.  About 3 or 4 years ago I purchased the CH Eclipse Yoke.  It was a night and day difference between the two.  I like the Eclipse as well because it has the rudder "paddles" built in.  My setup doesn't warrant the space that would be needed for real rudder pedals.

http://www.chproducts.com/Eclipse-Yoke-v13-d-717.html

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Thrustmaster Warthog. Most amazing piece of hardware I've ever seen.

Microsoft Sidewinder. Had it years and it's been 100% reliable. I've bought other joysticks to replace it and they've all been binned.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and the pedals from my Logitech G27 racing wheel for rudder and brake

b77lr_10.jpg

Harro Lippmann

and the pedals from my Logitech G27 racing wheel for rudder and brake

Now that's interesting. How did you do that? I also have the G27 on another rig that I use for F1 racing.

Just curious.

To answer the thread question: Saitek PFY + CH Pro Pedals.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's not easy to do. Took me about a week to get it working. It involves using a program to create a virtual joystick that will read your acceleration and clutch pedals as a single axis. You can than assign rudder to this axis. The brake axis of the the G27 is the combined brake axis for FSX via FSUIPC. Here's how to create the virtual joystick:
http://www.jim-melton.com/2011/04/24/use-your-logitech-g25g27-pedals-as-rudder-controls/

But as I see you already have the CH rudders which is more real than using race pedals imo

b77lr_10.jpg

Harro Lippmann

Microsoft Sidewinder. Had it years and it's been 100% reliable. I've bought other joysticks to replace it and they've all been binned.

Me too.  Cheap, simple and reliable. I've never had a problem with 'greased landings' LOL, I don't think you can attribute those the your game controller..  the great Bob Hoover was asked once what the secret for smooth landings and he replied wet pavement because the tires will spin up while you gently touch down... that's beyond my comprehension.. but he was also the guy that would kill both engines on final and land AFTER doing a loop in an Aero Commander.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm waiting on my Iris Dynamics force feedback yoke to be delivered!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System and Saitek Rudder Pedals. Very smooth and reliable.

CH Eclipse yoke, rudder pedals, throttle quadrant and the Saitek trim wheel. I don't know if you can say TrackIR is a controller, but it moves the screen around. Between all of them I have a lot of spare switches left over to remotely control other stuff like my washer-dryer.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Logitech Extreme. Simple, rugged, cheap, precise. Had a CH FlightSim Yoke but it started deteriorating after a few years. Also use the G27 pedals as rudder pedals although I still use the joystick trigger for the brakes.

Saitek X55 Rhino, totaly satisfied! The thrust levers are perfect and the stick is so smooth and precise, a dream!

Cheers Sven

Sven Wendel