Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

Hi all,

For those following my two WIP threads, both v1.0 of my overhaul mod and the N594WA repaint are now ready for release!

PC12 Overhaul Mod v1.0:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhbFRSeDMtTC1sSzg/view?usp=sharing

Changelog from Carenado PC12 SP1:

• Engine ITT reading adjusted based on formula to take into account altitude, temperature and torque. This is the main purpose of the mod. There is, simply, no other way to correct ITT without using a custom variable and SimConnect.
  • ENGINE ITT gauge fixed - error in maths means the tick mark did not correspond to correct ITT value
  • Airframe drag adjusted to better match book values (was ~2 knots too fast)
  • Fuel consumption adjusted to match book values (now should match book values for fuel consumption almost exactly in ISA conditions)
  • .air file adjusted to update throttle position vs altitude to better match torque stability vs altitude.
  • Battery simulation amended. Should have ~60 minutes of battery power with batts on and everything off, ~40 minutes with everything on (basic)
  • Battery max voltage to 25.2 V, to allow sufficient time to start up prior to dropping below 24 VDC
  • Amps simulation amended - will display amps increase with electrical load changes (visual only due to FSX battery simulation)
  • STBY BUS behaviour corrected - will switch on the standby bus via battery 1. This means you can power up the airplane using the STBY BUS switch to do your lamp testing prior to battery start
  • CAWS Panel fixes:
    • PUSHER ICE MODE light - will come on with INERT SEP and PROP HEAT both switched on
    • N ESSENTIAL BUS light - will come on with battery VDC < 22 volts
    • PAS OXY light - will only switch on when supplying oxygen (in other case, when oxygen knob is turned to "ON")
  • Fuel pump cycling sound fixed - error in gauge string
  • Louder jet fuel pump sound
  • Adjustment to eye height position (slightly higher)
  • Engine Ng start up indication improved (fuel introduction at >13%, low idle lowered to ~60%)
  • Bert's autopilot and radio/transponder fixes included

Also includes my PC12 Short Checklist V2.

PC12 N594WA repaint v1.0:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhQ0swdV8zRmhqUk0/view?usp=sharing

A repaint of N594WA, to spice up your flying in FSX/P3D:

6i7OP0c.jpg

Thanks to all who have contributed and everyone who gets something out of these mods. Feedback would be appreciated.

PM me for any issues or comments/criticisms/suggestions, or email at autogyro@gmail.com

• Like 1

Hi autogyro, thank you for your hard work, all these changes really make the plane better.

It just started with ITT adjustments, and now... well, lot’s of fixes!

big thank you!

Fred

Shuai great stuff mate , came out very well and the painting is very nice also...

Jorge

thank you

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Thank you for all this Autogyro....

At the risk of sounding stupid...How do I know if these mods are actually working.

Not being a tech buff I wouldn't know the difference...

Dave

Wow Shuai! .... what a staggering amount of work you have done to improve this great plane.  And with Bert's AP fixes it;s just a beauty now.

Thank you so much for releasing these great mods.

The mods mainly change readings and numerical aspects of the FDE;    ITT, fuel, etc.    You won't see differences in how the plane flies (apart from the ~2kt change).   But for big fans of the PC12, the readings are now far more accurate, with Shuai's mods.

Thanks guys, hope it's an improvement for your PC12 flying enjoyment.

Thank you for all this Autogyro....

At the risk of sounding stupid...How do I know if these mods are actually working.

Dave

Easiest way to tell - in a cold and dark state, switching the STBY BUS switch to on, should switch on electrical power to allow you to do a lamp check. If that works it's likely the rest should work.

I just realised all this time I haven't included my air gauge fix, where it shouldn't say "23 C" but should say "+ 23" etc

Even so, I've made it even better - the temp control knob now will control the cabin temperature setting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhaTdvVnF0S1hjVmM/view?usp=sharing

Copy the file into your GAUGEPC12 folder within your panel folder.

Hi !

First thank You for the work.

I like to ask, that It is necessary for me to install Bert's last Mods, or just enough to install this ?

And, if necessary, in what order ?

Thank You !

Hi !

First thank You for the work.

I like to ask, that It is necessary for me to install Bert's last Mods, or just enough to install this ?

And, if necessary, in what order ?

Thank You !

Bert's up to date mods are all included in this mod - so no need for anything else. :smile:

Thanks Craig!

You're very welcome.   Credit goes to Shuai Li, who has done a fantastic job with the 'fit'. :smile:

Thank you for your work on this. Just one thing, the SHUTDOWN portion of the checklist you included needs to be fixed. There are a lot of things out of order. Eg. Shutting Gen1&2 after engine, etc. Otherwise, keep it up.