Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

After shutting down and starting up again I get an EGNTL BUS and AV BUS red light on the annunciation panel. What did I do wrong?

Id like to add a tail logo light, linking it to the wing light switch. Can this be done?

a completely new feature - the drift angle bug

Another awesome feature and sign for how dedicated you guys are. :Applause:

After shutting down and starting up again I get an EGNTL BUS and AV BUS red light on the annunciation panel. What did I do wrong?

Id like to add a tail logo light, linking it to the wing light switch. Can this be done?

The AV BUS error may be related to the initialisation not resetting. I'll need to do some testing on it further.

As for the tail logo light, not too sure on this one to be honest - The way tail recognition works is that there's a night time texture for the plane - that creates different light levels for when the night light is on. Problem is, I'm not sure if this is hardcoded into model itself or if you can do it through the gauges - I presume it's hardcoded only so it can't be changed since the model won't call for a night time texture.

Another awesome feature and sign for how dedicated you guys are. :Applause:

Took a bit of thinking and maths to figure it out but should be pretty accurate! Should also help with sticking a centreline landing since you can figure out your ground track angle.

Should the heading bug be a small white arrow rather than a larger orange icon? And the course indicator green not also white? I can find example pictures online.

Are all of Bert's fixes in, like the decision height and altitude aural only at 1000 ft to go?

Thanks for the new version perfect to fly tonight.

Bert's fixes are always 'in', as they have been the base starting point since I believe v1.0.

I have made numerous changes to the same files Bert's changed, sometimes this breaks his corrections, as with the zulu time code, but usually they still work. Yes the 0 ft chime disabled should be still in there. The only difference is that I've reverted to the same XMLs that allow the CRS arrow to auto slew to the active waypoint, which Bert had disabled.

I'll correct the heading bug - turns out the black and white photo I was referencing probably didn't show the orange heading bug and I got confused with the lubber line triangle. I really ought to proof check it. Anyway new version will be up shortly.

v1.7 Released!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhbUphZWFmWmFtNUk/view?usp=sharing

Bug fix to the heading bug.

DH fix not working in 1.6. The 2nd landing it didn't work, the decision height didn't play a sound but the DH icon did show up on the pfd. on the 3rd leg will download your 1.7 fix to see if same problem in the morning. I am using kgs not lbs.

I doubt v1.7 will fix it as I haven't changed any of the time related coding from v1.6 - if DH isn't working the second time I'll have to amend the Gauge_Update.xml file. Basically to reset the DH sound timer when you land. That might be a way to do it.

I'll look into this for the next patch - also noticed you mentioned the drift angle bug should be green - do you have a picture showing this? Thanks buddy.

I've corrected the heading indicator in v1.7 - I was wondering what you mean by the course bug being green? Unless you mean the CRS arrow? That should always be green, I didn't change that.

I will check DH alert again.

Are you building off of Bert's latest mod versions? For the transponder he has version 5.2 and for the other mod he has version 2.4

One little correction on your mod, the ALTOUT.wav file, the sound with 3 beeps, should not play 400 feet from your assigned altitude. It should only play when you are 400 feet off your indicated altitude, An alert sound to let you know this. It shouldn't play when armed the vertical speed mode and approaching an altitude.

Can you add that http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453506-ehsi-gyro-drift/

change the line to direction_indicator.0=3,0 ?

And DH on next leg didn't work with your mod 1.7

An example of altout, you set 4000 on the vs mode control. the glideslope gets captured and your airplane starts to descend. Once you are 400 feet below 4000 feet that is set on the control panel, the ALTOUT should play. Or if you are flying manually and go above or below 400 feet the assigned altitude in the mode control panel. I am not sure if this is programmable but I think I recall Bert adding this in one of his later versions. As I said above he is on version 2.4 and the transponder gauge mod is at 5.2 if you build off that base everything should work.

777200LRF, yes it is based on v2.4 and v5.2 - but since I make further changes, somethings might end up being broken, which then needs to be logged and checked. But thank you for pointing out anything you find - I really appreciate the feedback!

For the ALTOUT sound, yeah I have heard that it's not correct - I don't think Bert changed it as otherwise the coding would be within the XML files already. It should be possible to change the logic.