Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

With the inert sep on should itt be 30 deg c higher or more? On takeoff and in a climb with inert sep on in icing conditions the temp is very high. Is that correct?

With the inert sep on should itt be 30 deg c higher or more? On takeoff and in a climb with inert sep on in icing conditions the temp is very high. Is that correct?

Excerpt from a pilot training manual I found on the net:

"The piece of equipment operated for the engine, as it relates to ITT would be 
the Inertial Separator. With the separator open for takeoff the ITT will 
increase approximately 20° to 25°C. Why? We are letting air bypass the 
engine inlet causing the compressor to work harder, which means more fuel 
(not much, but enough to increase ITT)."

Keith Henry

Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

CYQU

Unfortunately the behaviour of the INERT SEP is hard coded in the FSX engine.

You also lose way too much power with it on in FSX/P3D, whereas in reality it is only a few percent.

Thanks. I did not know it needs more power, that explains why I am running into temps above 700 on climb out with inert sep on. I wonder whether it is possible to configure the temperature readout differently when using the inertial separator so they are lower to adjust for the fact you need more power with it on?

Unfortunately the behaviour of the INERT SEP is hard coded in the FSX engine.

You also lose way too much power with it on in FSX/P3D, whereas in reality it is only a few percent.

Are you planning on releasing a new version for this weekend? Just wondering, have not flown all week because of the timer reset and time zone bug plus the too much power required when in icing conditions I cannot get realistic climb rates.

Are you planning on releasing a new version for this weekend? Just wondering, have not flown all week because of the timer reset and time zone bug plus the too much power required when in icing conditions I cannot get realistic climb rates.

The time zone bug isn't something I will be able to easily fix - as I've tried the blanket change all time zone coding to zulu, but as you found it introduced new bugs. So I'd have to spend time working on fixing that. The time zone bug is only noticeable if you cross a timezone heading west <1 hr after initialising the plane.

I'll have to test out all the errors that changing to zulu time code introduces and review them, which unfortunately is an extensive process to address each of the bugs you found.

Next version will correct the drift angle bug to cyan, as well as something to fix the DH sound file not resetting and therefore not playing after landing the first time around.

I've also found now the fuel pump sounds doesn't play on my v1.7... so something else for me to now look into for v1.8

I've got a busy weekend unfortunately this weekend in real life and with my spare time I'll be finishing off the Colarado repaint which I want to get out also.

Sorry, I'm not as quick as Carenado with the bug fixes... but then I'm only one person working on this in their spare time, plus the repaints too!

For your query on the inert sep, what temperatures are you finding? Remember to set 36.9 torque, up to when 720 deg ITT limits as normal operation. Even then, you can run 760 deg ITT within Pilatus standard operations tolerances. In fact you can be at 800 deg ITT at takeoff, as long as you don't exceed 5 minutes. Let me know what temp you see and I can see about adjusting it if it's erroneous - but I don't want to break the torque/ITT relationship. Let me know what you're seeing and I'll tweak it if it's high.

Personally when I turn on INERT SEP, it limits my torque to about 36-37 around ISA conditions, and ITT is still under 800 degrees so I've never worried about ITT. I usually turn off Inert Sep soon after entering cruise climb so ITT never governs for me whilst INERT SEP is on. Do you find different behaviour?

Thanks for the info I did not mean to rush you I understand you are just one person. Any time you can get the new version out that is appreciated. Thanks again. I read that some operators go to 700 degrees max I could be wrong though

FSX PC12 Throttle stuck at 25%. Does the PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0, Engine Ng start up indication improved (fuel introduction at >13%, low idle lowered to ~60%)  fix this issue?

When I pull the throttle levers to 0% the PC12 throttles indicates 25%. I have re-calibrated my throttle quadrants, they work fine in other Carenado aircraft. If I use F1 to bring the throttle back to 0% it only last a few secs before jumping back. There are other problems because of the high idle rate but I believe this gives you the nuts/bolts of the issue.  I have searched this issue on google and it brings me back to this forum.

2nd Question. If I install the PC12 Overhaul Mod will it overwrite my panel config? I have the RxP installed. This forum has been a great help with other issues and the re-paints are excellent, i.e.SurfAir.

FSX PC12 Throttle stuck at 25%. Does the PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0, Engine Ng start up indication improved (fuel introduction at >13%, low idle lowered to ~60%)  fix this issue?

When I pull the throttle levers to 0% the PC12 throttles indicates 25%. I have re-calibrated my throttle quadrants, they work fine in other Carenado aircraft. If I use F1 to bring the throttle back to 0% it only last a few secs before jumping back. There are other problems because of the high idle rate but I believe this gives you the nuts/bolts of the issue.  I have searched this issue on google and it brings me back to this forum.

2nd Question. If I install the PC12 Overhaul Mod will it overwrite my panel config? I have the RxP installed. This forum has been a great help with other issues and the re-paints are excellent, i.e.SurfAir.

Hi cweiss,

Firstly the engine Ng changes are just based on what the engine instruments output - it does not affect your throttle position.

I can't say why exactly you're not getting idle. I presume, when you say that the throttles indicate 25%, that means when you mouse hover over the throttle in the virtual cockpit. The Ng indications does actually rise slightly when idling, but only to about 3.5%, shouldn't be 25%.

Are you using FSUIPC? You might be able to set a profile just for the PC12 to reset the lower bound to 0%.

But there shouldn't be any reason why it's set at 25% - actually, do you have some other sort of axis assigned to throttle? Like another lever or something - that might be overwriting your control scheme.

For your second question it doesn't affect your panel.cfg so no issues with your RXP install.

And thanks hope you've enjoyed the paints! I do need to fix some one them, I'll get around to that eventually.

Hi cweiss,

I can't say why exactly you're not getting idle. I presume, when you say that the throttles indicate 25%, that means when you mouse hover over the throttle in the virtual cockpit. The Ng indications does actually rise slightly when idling, but only to about 3.5%, shouldn't be 25%.

Are you using FSUIPC? You might be able to set a profile just for the PC12 to reset the lower bound to 0%.

But there shouldn't be any reason why it's set at 25% - actually, do you have some other sort of axis assigned to throttle? Like another lever or something - that might be overwriting your control scheme.

Yes, when I mouse over the throttle in the virtual cockpit it reads.  My system for working through this problem did not include testing a stock Microsoft aircraft. In fact, this 25% throttle problem is present with stock aircraft. I am sorry for the post. I believed I had gone through my problem solving checklist.  Plus I became curious why no one else had posted a similar problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Chris

Will this mod work for P3D version of the plane as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Will this mod work for P3D version of the plane as well?

Yep, in fact I'm only using P3D.

V1.8 Released!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhSnNMMThpaWY4cVU/view?usp=sharing

This corrects the Drift Angle bug to cyan.

Please check that the mfd_centred_drift_bug.bmp is the only .bmp file remaining within your GAUGEPC12EHSI folder within your panel folder. Thanks.

The instructions are confusing. There are 39 bmp files in this folder. You want me to remove all the other file names like mfd_centered_heading_bug_line.bmp?