Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

The instructions are confusing. There are 39 bmp files in this folder. You want me to remove all the other file names like mfd_centered_heading_bug_line.bmp?

Just copy the PANEL and SOUND folder, and the air file and aircraft.cfg and overwrite when prompted.

As long as you have your original gaugepc12ehsi.cab file in the gauges folder in the base fsx or p3D, it should call up those files.if you have extracted the cab file into a gaugepc12ehsi folder within the gauges folder, you can leave that alone.

You should only be updating the files in your pc12/panel folder.

In your panel folder, where you have the same gaugepc12ehsi folder, there should only need to be the files you wish to update - in this case, just need to add the mfd_centred_drift_bug.bmp. You don't need all the bmps in this folder.

Hope that helps.

Hello!

I have problem to start engine.

When engine start, I have parking break set, but Pilatus roll on the ground.

What's your procedure to start engine?

Thank you!

Hello!

I have problem to start engine.

When engine start, I have parking break set, but Pilatus roll on the ground.

What's your procedure to start engine?

Thank you!

1). Ensure throttle lever is at idle, for start

2). Ensure condition (fuel) level is at idle, for start

3). Press the Starter button.

4). When the NG% level reaches 13 or more, move the condition lever to 'ground idle' (not all the way forward)

5). Tap the 'F1' key (resets FSX/P3D power level to 0.

6). Turn on GENs etc.  Don't move the condition lever to flight idle (fully forward) until you're entering the runway for departure.

Hope that helps.

it's ok now, It was a problem with Saitek levers, condition lever wasn't on idle, I press F1 and Ctrl+F1 too.

Thank you!

1). Ensure throttle lever is at idle, for start

2). Ensure condition (fuel) level is at idle, for start

3). Press the Starter button.

4). When the NG% level reaches 13 or more, move the condition lever to 'ground idle' (not all the way forward)

5). Tap the 'F1' key (resets FSX/P3D power level to 0.

6). Turn on GENs etc.  Don't move the condition lever to flight idle (fully forward) until you're entering the runway for departure.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Craig :)

looking over at airliners pictures I see so many European registered aircraft with pounds displayed on the engine display. Why is a European airplane bought by European companies using pounds? Did the PC-12 not come with a KGS option?

It's a bit too green, looking at your photo.

Its supposed to be a bright blue more than a bright green. I suppose it's because of my monitor settings I had at the time. I need to revise that paint anyway so I'll get around to it sometime in the next week.

Thanks. Also the auto pilot is so bad at everything, especially capturing a glideslope. it jumps up at 1500 feet a minute after capture and does not recover. It is really bad at any intercepting localisers or glideslopes. Although the whole fde now after your engine tweaks does not feel right. I cant explain exactly what is wrong but it does not feel smooth when hand flying. and in wind it is all over the place trying to fly straight.

You can use the default air file if you want.

As far as flying all I've adjusted are the following:

Throttle vs altitude (less need to full throttle up high).

Airframe drag is something like 5% more, with the end result being a 2 knots slower cruise speed Compared to default.

I haven't touched any of the control surfaces or lift coefficients or anything like that.

Have you tried flying the default plane?

I can't imagine what are predominately gauge tweaks affecting your ability to hand fly.

If you use the default cfg and air file to test, the flight mechanics would be untouched compared to default.

the default air file had the same issues, especially a bad AP capture.

thinking out loud, is the yaw damper modeled correctly? My issue when flying manually is in turns, maybe the yaw damper is messing with me.

Yaw damper does work, but is based on the FSX default model, which I believe is quite basic. Could certainly worsen hand flying as I think all it does in FSX is limit rudder travel.