Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

Thanks. Also the auto pilot is so bad at everything, especially capturing a glideslope. it jumps up at 1500 feet a minute after capture and does not recover. It is really bad at any intercepting localisers or glideslopes. Although the whole fde now after your engine tweaks does not feel right. I cant explain exactly what is wrong but it does not feel smooth when hand flying. and in wind it is all over the place trying to fly straight.

I have a very different experience to yours, on all counts.  No issues with LOC capture (when intercepting from a realistic angle), no GS 'hunting', and Shuai's modified air file and aircraft.cfg results in a far more convincing flight dynamics experience.

PS.... the stock FSX/P3D Yaw Damper functionality is almost non-existant.  In almost all autopilots, you can tell little difference between the YD being off or on.   Clearly the Carenado PC-12 is not using any sort of 'custom' YD so we're stuck with the default function.  And I'd guess that's out of scope for Shuai to be able to modify or correct.

also got a C++ runtime error during a flight.

Maybe an Orbx ObjectFlow error?   Have you got the prompt recently when loading, that asks if you want to update your ObjectFlow libraries?

Maybe an Orbx ObjectFlow error?   Have you got the prompt recently when loading, that asks if you want to update your ObjectFlow libraries?

i ran the latest library installer again just to make sure. I had installed it after being prompted. It happened during a flight on approach to Phoenix. My fsx flashed in a black loading screen but I kept flying, landed, and quit fsx, then noticed the c++ error message in the background and then after clicking OK the sim generated a crash in terrain.dll

i ran the latest library installer again just to make sure. I had installed it after being prompted. It happened during a flight on approach to Phoenix. My fsx flashed in a black loading screen but I kept flying, landed, and quit fsx, then noticed the c++ error message in the background and then after clicking OK the sim generated a crash in terrain.dll

I've had that a couple of times too - not sure what causes it!

Another issue I came across. I replaced the gear warning sound with the sound file from the Flight1 PC-12. But when that sound plays "too low, gear" the whole sim hard freezes up and the sound keeps playing. I had to alt tab and push in the throttle and somehow fsx came back and unfroze.

I'm going to spend a bit of time in the next couple of weeks error correcting what I've changed so far for all of the Xml changes. Maybe that might fix the issue you've encountered.

I'm going to spend a bit of time in the next couple of weeks error correcting what I've changed so far for all of the Xml changes. Maybe that might fix the issue you've encountered.

Anything you are able, thank you. I like the PC-12, keep coming back eventually. It's my favorite aircraft.

Glad you like it, likewise I think it's a great aircraft.

I'll be continuing supporting and tweaking this plane until any other developers release a more accurate up to date PC12 simulation.

Hi autogyro,

I recall back in the days of Cessna 208 GrandCaravan and the Kingairs where some kind simmer coded the external power for these aircrafts. PC12 has the switch already there but does nothing. Is there any chance to get it working? I'm personally ignorant about coding and don't know how. This is a some brilliant aircraft that deserves the best from out there.

Thank you so much for your patience and expertise on this and above all, to gather all the tricks and tweaks from Bret, yours and others to "overhaul" this babe.

Warm regards

Art.

Hi autogyro,

I recall back in the days of Cessna 208 GrandCaravan and the Kingairs where some kind simmer coded the external power for these aircrafts. PC12 has the switch already there but does nothing. Is there any chance to get it working? I'm personally ignorant about coding and don't know how. This is a some brilliant aircraft that deserves the best from out there.

Thank you so much for your patience and expertise on this and above all, to gather all the tricks and tweaks from Bret, yours and others to "overhaul" this babe.

Warm regards

Art.

Hi Art,

Yes its probably possible. I've never looked into it but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

To all, apologies I'm moving across the country in the next few weeks so I won't have much time to look into the PC12 in earnest until July.

Thanks Autogyro, have a nice trip and remain in touch when you were again available. I can pass you through the work that other nice simmer did on external powering those airplanes, I think he used some Doug Dowson interface or something I can guide you through.

Since then have a great trip wherever you move, good luck buddy and maybe hope to have those "overhaul" of yours in the amazing Hawker 850XP.

Kind regards.

Art.

Hi Art,

Yes its probably possible. I've never looked into it but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

To all, apologies I'm moving across the country in the next few weeks so I won't have much time to look into the PC12 in earnest until July.

I hope the move goes well Shuai, don't worry about working on the PC-12, we're happy to be patient and look forward to any future improvements you make (I like Artur's idea for the GPU).  

You really have transformed this PC-12 from a mediocre 'flying texture' to something with ever-increasing realism and enjoyment.    Thanks!

hi autogyro,

after installing v1.8 the GNS530 doesn´t run up

Only start screen

Any idea?

Dieter

hi autogyro,

Only start screen

Any idea?

Dieter

hi autogyro,