Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

Hello, great work on this mod, thank you.

I have one problem with this plane: There is DME1 on the second GNS where NAV2 is tuned. Is it possible to fix it to show DME1 on the first GNS only and to show DME2 on the second GNS only, please?

2016-2-11_20-58-56-282.md.jpg

I would like to see both DME1 and DME2 at the same time.

Hello, great work on this mod, thank you.

I have one problem with this plane: There is DME1 on the second GNS where NAV2 is tuned. Is it possible to fix it to show DME1 on the first GNS only and to show DME2 on the second GNS only, please?

2016-2-11_20-58-56-282.md.jpg

I would like to see both DME1 and DME2 at the same time.

Ok, I have managed to fix it. I have changed a code in GPS530_3D_PC12 gauge in both GPS_5302.xml and GPS_5302_3D.xml:

NAV DME:1 to NAV DME:2

NAV IDENT:1 to NAV IDENT:2

NAV RADIAL:1 to NAV RADIAL:2

It looks like Carenado forgot to change it when they copied from GPS_530.xml and GPS_530_3D.xml...

Now I am happy with PC12 :-)

Ok, I have managed to fix it. I have changed a code in GPS530_3D_PC12 gauge in both GPS_5302.xml and GPS_5302_3D.xml:

NAV DME:1 to NAV DME:2

NAV IDENT:1 to NAV IDENT:2

NAV RADIAL:1 to NAV RADIAL:2

It looks like Carenado forgot to change it when they copied from GPS_530.xml and GPS_530_3D.xml...

Now I am happy with PC12 :-)

I'm confused...  is this two linked RXP units? or is the top on different than the bottom?  and also, I cannot find where the files you chaged are located. Where are they?

I'm confused...  is this two linked RXP units? or is the top on different than the bottom?  and also, I cannot find where the files you chaged are located. Where are they?

No, they are Carenado GPS units. The first is used for COM1/NAV1/DME1 and the second is for COM2/NAV2/DME2. I have P3D v3.1.

I have extracted C:\Prepar3D v3\gauges\GPS530_3D_PC12.CAB file into

C:\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\panel\GPS530_3D_PC12 folder.

In this new folder I have edited both GPS_5302.xml and GPS_5302_3D.xml.

And renamed original C:\Prepar3D v3\gauges\GPS530_3D_PC12.CAB to C:\Prepar3D v3\gauges\GPS530_3D_PC12.off

Guest Mik75

After a break from P3D, I installed the new version 3.1 a few weeks ago.

The PC-12 had to be in my hangar again as well, since I love flying it for FS Economy.

I downloaded the latest kgs-patch from this thread (1.8), and tried to install it (after reading the readme), but it doesn´t seem to be installed correctly.

The fuel gauge still shows lbs, and I remember, that the temperature gauge changed its reading, if one turned the temperature control of the ECS. That doesn´t work as well.

Do I still have to put the cab file from the gauge Folder into the PC 12 folder and unpack it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Michael, check post #163 in this thread. Jim explained there how to solve a priority problem with gauges.

Guest Mik75

Michael, check post #163 in this thread. Jim explained there how to solve a priority problem with gauges.

Thanks a lot, I´ll give that a try tonight!

After a break from P3D, I installed the new version 3.1 a few weeks ago.The PC-12 had to be in my hangar again as well, since I love flying it for FS Economy.I downloaded the latest kgs-patch from this thread (1.8), and tried to install it (after reading the readme), but it doesn´t seem to be installed correctly.The fuel gauge still shows lbs, and I remember, that the temperature gauge changed its reading, if one turned the temperature control of the ECS. That doesn´t work as well.Do I still have to put the cab file from the gauge Folder into the PC 12 folder and unpack it?Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

They've changed some of the pathing for v3.1. I think some others have figured out how to install it a few pages back. I've been totally underdelivering on updates but I'll have a new v3.x compatible version and readme out in the next few months. Haven't had time to get v3 yet.

Guest Mik75

I did, what has been described in answer #163, and it works like a charm!

I just added the entry (#0, and changed the original entry to #1) in the gauges.cfg, and now I am able to fly the PC-12 again the way it's meant to be! ;-)

Thanks a lot for the work that you (and Bert) put into this!

I've 1.8 installed but i don't know if its just the mod or its a bug in the original product. 

When in cruise the throttle is stuck at 100%. I can move my throlttle, i see the throttle in VC move but the power stays at 100%. Only when i'm descending(by now i'm overspeeding) suddenly the power drops to what it should be.

Does anyone else have this same experience?

That happens when you run the throttle full open and with the mods I think you'll find you're exceeding the limit on ITT using full power at altitude. Once you pass through about 18,000' ITT becomes your limiting factor, if you power back to keep ITT around 760° or so the throttle will work normally when it's time to reduce power for the descent.

Same thing happens on the C90 GTX if you run it firewalled for a while, not sure what causes it as I'm pretty sure throttles don't "stick" in the real world if you run 'em firewalled, lol.

Jim

I've 1.8 installed but i don't know if its just the mod or its a bug in the original product. 

When in cruise the throttle is stuck at 100%. I can move my throlttle, i see the throttle in VC move but the power stays at 100%. Only when i'm descending(by now i'm overspeeding) suddenly the power drops to what it should be.

Does anyone else have this same experience?

This quirk sometimes seems to happen when running full throttle for awhile.

You shouldn't be running full throttle anyway, as ITT should limit at altitude.

If you don't mind slightly less accuracy you can elect to use the default .air file. That will fix it up.

It's a bug resulting from throttle and torque calculation tables. I'm not sure of a fix but I've encountered it myself.

I have this aircraft, and have only modded to add the GTN.  Can I use this update without messing that up??  If so, does it install into the aircraft folders or do I need to run some other utility??  

Thanks!!