autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

copilot forgot to set the baro to std! :)

Looking good thank you along with Bert for helping to make this a full simulated pc12

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

After shutting down and starting up again I get an EGNTL BUS and AV BUS red light on the annunciation panel. What did I do wrong?

Id like to add a tail logo light, linking it to the wing light switch. Can this be done?

a completely new feature - the drift angle bug

Another awesome feature and sign for how dedicated you guys are. :Applause:

After shutting down and starting up again I get an EGNTL BUS and AV BUS red light on the annunciation panel. What did I do wrong?

Id like to add a tail logo light, linking it to the wing light switch. Can this be done?

The AV BUS error may be related to the initialisation not resetting. I'll need to do some testing on it further.

As for the tail logo light, not too sure on this one to be honest - The way tail recognition works is that there's a night time texture for the plane - that creates different light levels for when the night light is on. Problem is, I'm not sure if this is hardcoded into model itself or if you can do it through the gauges - I presume it's hardcoded only so it can't be changed since the model won't call for a night time texture.

Another awesome feature and sign for how dedicated you guys are. :Applause:

Took a bit of thinking and maths to figure it out but should be pretty accurate! Should also help with sticking a centreline landing since you can figure out your ground track angle.

Should the heading bug be a small white arrow rather than a larger orange icon? And the course indicator green not also white? I can find example pictures online.

Are all of Bert's fixes in, like the decision height and altitude aural only at 1000 ft to go?

Thanks for the new version perfect to fly tonight.

Bert's fixes are always 'in', as they have been the base starting point since I believe v1.0.

I have made numerous changes to the same files Bert's changed, sometimes this breaks his corrections, as with the zulu time code, but usually they still work. Yes the 0 ft chime disabled should be still in there. The only difference is that I've reverted to the same XMLs that allow the CRS arrow to auto slew to the active waypoint, which Bert had disabled.

I'll correct the heading bug - turns out the black and white photo I was referencing probably didn't show the orange heading bug and I got confused with the lubber line triangle. I really ought to proof check it. Anyway new version will be up shortly.

v1.7 Released!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhbUphZWFmWmFtNUk/view?usp=sharing

Bug fix to the heading bug.

DH fix not working in 1.6. The 2nd landing it didn't work, the decision height didn't play a sound but the DH icon did show up on the pfd. on the 3rd leg will download your 1.7 fix to see if same problem in the morning. I am using kgs not lbs.

I doubt v1.7 will fix it as I haven't changed any of the time related coding from v1.6 - if DH isn't working the second time I'll have to amend the Gauge_Update.xml file. Basically to reset the DH sound timer when you land. That might be a way to do it.

I'll look into this for the next patch - also noticed you mentioned the drift angle bug should be green - do you have a picture showing this? Thanks buddy.

I've corrected the heading indicator in v1.7 - I was wondering what you mean by the course bug being green? Unless you mean the CRS arrow? That should always be green, I didn't change that.

I will check DH alert again.

Are you building off of Bert's latest mod versions? For the transponder he has version 5.2 and for the other mod he has version 2.4

One little correction on your mod, the ALTOUT.wav file, the sound with 3 beeps, should not play 400 feet from your assigned altitude. It should only play when you are 400 feet off your indicated altitude, An alert sound to let you know this. It shouldn't play when armed the vertical speed mode and approaching an altitude.

Can you add that http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453506-ehsi-gyro-drift/

change the line to direction_indicator.0=3,0 ?

And DH on next leg didn't work with your mod 1.7

An example of altout, you set 4000 on the vs mode control. the glideslope gets captured and your airplane starts to descend. Once you are 400 feet below 4000 feet that is set on the control panel, the ALTOUT should play. Or if you are flying manually and go above or below 400 feet the assigned altitude in the mode control panel. I am not sure if this is programmable but I think I recall Bert adding this in one of his later versions. As I said above he is on version 2.4 and the transponder gauge mod is at 5.2 if you build off that base everything should work.

777200LRF, yes it is based on v2.4 and v5.2 - but since I make further changes, somethings might end up being broken, which then needs to be logged and checked. But thank you for pointing out anything you find - I really appreciate the feedback!

For the ALTOUT sound, yeah I have heard that it's not correct - I don't think Bert changed it as otherwise the coding would be within the XML files already. It should be possible to change the logic.

With the inert sep on should itt be 30 deg c higher or more? On takeoff and in a climb with inert sep on in icing conditions the temp is very high. Is that correct?

With the inert sep on should itt be 30 deg c higher or more? On takeoff and in a climb with inert sep on in icing conditions the temp is very high. Is that correct?

Excerpt from a pilot training manual I found on the net:

"The piece of equipment operated for the engine, as it relates to ITT would be 
the Inertial Separator. With the separator open for takeoff the ITT will 
increase approximately 20° to 25°C. Why? We are letting air bypass the 
engine inlet causing the compressor to work harder, which means more fuel 
(not much, but enough to increase ITT)."

Unfortunately the behaviour of the INERT SEP is hard coded in the FSX engine.

You also lose way too much power with it on in FSX/P3D, whereas in reality it is only a few percent.

Thanks. I did not know it needs more power, that explains why I am running into temps above 700 on climb out with inert sep on. I wonder whether it is possible to configure the temperature readout differently when using the inertial separator so they are lower to adjust for the fact you need more power with it on?

Unfortunately the behaviour of the INERT SEP is hard coded in the FSX engine.

You also lose way too much power with it on in FSX/P3D, whereas in reality it is only a few percent.

Are you planning on releasing a new version for this weekend? Just wondering, have not flown all week because of the timer reset and time zone bug plus the too much power required when in icing conditions I cannot get realistic climb rates.

Are you planning on releasing a new version for this weekend? Just wondering, have not flown all week because of the timer reset and time zone bug plus the too much power required when in icing conditions I cannot get realistic climb rates.

The time zone bug isn't something I will be able to easily fix - as I've tried the blanket change all time zone coding to zulu, but as you found it introduced new bugs. So I'd have to spend time working on fixing that. The time zone bug is only noticeable if you cross a timezone heading west <1 hr after initialising the plane.

I'll have to test out all the errors that changing to zulu time code introduces and review them, which unfortunately is an extensive process to address each of the bugs you found.

Next version will correct the drift angle bug to cyan, as well as something to fix the DH sound file not resetting and therefore not playing after landing the first time around.

I've also found now the fuel pump sounds doesn't play on my v1.7... so something else for me to now look into for v1.8

I've got a busy weekend unfortunately this weekend in real life and with my spare time I'll be finishing off the Colarado repaint which I want to get out also.

Sorry, I'm not as quick as Carenado with the bug fixes... but then I'm only one person working on this in their spare time, plus the repaints too!

For your query on the inert sep, what temperatures are you finding? Remember to set 36.9 torque, up to when 720 deg ITT limits as normal operation. Even then, you can run 760 deg ITT within Pilatus standard operations tolerances. In fact you can be at 800 deg ITT at takeoff, as long as you don't exceed 5 minutes. Let me know what temp you see and I can see about adjusting it if it's erroneous - but I don't want to break the torque/ITT relationship. Let me know what you're seeing and I'll tweak it if it's high.

Personally when I turn on INERT SEP, it limits my torque to about 36-37 around ISA conditions, and ITT is still under 800 degrees so I've never worried about ITT. I usually turn off Inert Sep soon after entering cruise climb so ITT never governs for me whilst INERT SEP is on. Do you find different behaviour?

Thanks for the info I did not mean to rush you I understand you are just one person. Any time you can get the new version out that is appreciated. Thanks again. I read that some operators go to 700 degrees max I could be wrong though

FSX PC12 Throttle stuck at 25%. Does the PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0, Engine Ng start up indication improved (fuel introduction at >13%, low idle lowered to ~60%)  fix this issue?

When I pull the throttle levers to 0% the PC12 throttles indicates 25%. I have re-calibrated my throttle quadrants, they work fine in other Carenado aircraft. If I use F1 to bring the throttle back to 0% it only last a few secs before jumping back. There are other problems because of the high idle rate but I believe this gives you the nuts/bolts of the issue.  I have searched this issue on google and it brings me back to this forum.

2nd Question. If I install the PC12 Overhaul Mod will it overwrite my panel config? I have the RxP installed. This forum has been a great help with other issues and the re-paints are excellent, i.e.SurfAir.

FSX PC12 Throttle stuck at 25%. Does the PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0, Engine Ng start up indication improved (fuel introduction at >13%, low idle lowered to ~60%)  fix this issue?

When I pull the throttle levers to 0% the PC12 throttles indicates 25%. I have re-calibrated my throttle quadrants, they work fine in other Carenado aircraft. If I use F1 to bring the throttle back to 0% it only last a few secs before jumping back. There are other problems because of the high idle rate but I believe this gives you the nuts/bolts of the issue.  I have searched this issue on google and it brings me back to this forum.

2nd Question. If I install the PC12 Overhaul Mod will it overwrite my panel config? I have the RxP installed. This forum has been a great help with other issues and the re-paints are excellent, i.e.SurfAir.

Hi cweiss,

Firstly the engine Ng changes are just based on what the engine instruments output - it does not affect your throttle position.

I can't say why exactly you're not getting idle. I presume, when you say that the throttles indicate 25%, that means when you mouse hover over the throttle in the virtual cockpit. The Ng indications does actually rise slightly when idling, but only to about 3.5%, shouldn't be 25%.

Are you using FSUIPC? You might be able to set a profile just for the PC12 to reset the lower bound to 0%.

But there shouldn't be any reason why it's set at 25% - actually, do you have some other sort of axis assigned to throttle? Like another lever or something - that might be overwriting your control scheme.

For your second question it doesn't affect your panel.cfg so no issues with your RXP install.

And thanks hope you've enjoyed the paints! I do need to fix some one them, I'll get around to that eventually.

Hi cweiss,

I can't say why exactly you're not getting idle. I presume, when you say that the throttles indicate 25%, that means when you mouse hover over the throttle in the virtual cockpit. The Ng indications does actually rise slightly when idling, but only to about 3.5%, shouldn't be 25%.

Are you using FSUIPC? You might be able to set a profile just for the PC12 to reset the lower bound to 0%.

But there shouldn't be any reason why it's set at 25% - actually, do you have some other sort of axis assigned to throttle? Like another lever or something - that might be overwriting your control scheme.

Yes, when I mouse over the throttle in the virtual cockpit it reads.  My system for working through this problem did not include testing a stock Microsoft aircraft. In fact, this 25% throttle problem is present with stock aircraft. I am sorry for the post. I believed I had gone through my problem solving checklist.  Plus I became curious why no one else had posted a similar problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Chris