Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

PC12 Overhaul Mod V1.0 and N594WA Repaint Released

Yes there should be a way, in fact I don't even know how it got enabled in the first place as I didn't change an xml variable for it, only played around with it in the game itself.

Have you tried turning it off and saving as a default flight? I'll have a look today and release a new patch.

Well I still can't figure out how instrument reflections got enabled, but I've added some code to disable it by default.

So next patch will fix that one up.

That might be a result of changes to the time code to avoid the time zone bug. I'll flag this for review, thanks.

What I'll do is I'll try and add a code to reset it once landed, see if that fixes it up.

Autogyro,

I followed your read-me and installed MOD v1.5.  Test flight seemed OK except I could not set the ADF freqs.  Not sure if I did something wrong or what.  I only had Bert's MOD installed and worked fine.  I did not have any of your MODS installed. Not sure what is happening.  I do use the ADF freqs flying around Montana so would like to be able to load them in.  Thanks

Dick

Autogyro,

I followed your read-me and installed MOD v1.5.  Test flight seemed OK except I could not set the ADF freqs.  Not sure if I did something wrong or what.  I only had Bert's MOD installed and worked fine.  I did not have any of your MODS installed. Not sure what is happening.  I do use the ADF freqs flying around Montana so would like to be able to load them in.  Thanks

Dick

Autogyro's mod does not disable instrument reflections like Bert's did to help fix the adf clickspots. So each time you load up the pc12 you have to open the shift panel and click the box to disable instrument reflections until a new mod version comes out

Righteo, seems like there's a fair amount of bugs in v1.5, some of which I don't seem to experience though. I think I'll revert the timer logic back, this will mean potentially you will run into the 'cross timezone fire/test panel warning' bug, until I can fix everything else associated with changing gauges over to zulu time.

The sound.cfg using the Texan sounds adds life to flying thanks for that. It is missing the sections for the passenger sign sound switches found in the default sound cfg. Also in the default sound.cfg there are 2 wind_sound sections.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll update it.

Got a lot of changes I'll be doing this weekend when I have some spare time :)

No rush give yourself some time to enjoy the weekend. I overwrote Berts mod ontop of yours to fix the dh callout, timer, and other small things. Works fine so far except my avionics went out right as I was landing yesterday. I have his version 2.4 now and maybe that works better. So no problem take your time. Also fyi your latest repaint has the wrong aircraft.cfg entry it is the same title as lx-jfk

I've spent some time reading the manual, and cross checking some of Bert's changes.

So I've found out where he's inserted the line for removing instrument reflections, I've inserted it in another place. Now I can match this up.

I'm not sure why Bert switched off the auto-slew functionality of the EHSI when following the GPS, as the real Bendix King EHSI should auto slew (as it does in the pop up). Maybe it was buggy? Not sure. I've also read the manual again on the EHSI, and there's a lot of behavioural fixes required for it, and a missing map mode on the HSI mode. That might be too big a challenge for me to tackle it... but I'll give it a go.

Quick preview of one of the EHSI changes - a completely new feature - the drift angle bug, which is the hollow triangle in the EHSI.

This provides, based on the current, dynamic wind acting upon the airplane - the ground track velocity vector, or another way of looking at it, shows the wind correction angle. The heading bug is also corrected to suit the Bendix King EHSI found in the PC12 - that is, the white triangle.

xk5JWQe.jpg