Sign in to follow this  
dom8984

DX10 fixer and ORBX night lighting

Hi,

I purchased DX10 fixer this week and have taken the leap to DX10. Already seeing a much more stable simulator and a slight performance boost.

The fixer does seem to be working as it's fixed a number of issues with AI aircraft textures.

But, I'm having a problem with night lighting poles, which are displaying as black boxes during the day. I understand this is a known transparency issue with DX10. I think the lighting in question is coming with ORBX FTX Global or Vector (I have both installed), as it seems to occur all over the world. Switching to DX9 puts everything back to normal again.

I've read both the manual that came with the fixer and searched on both this and ORBX forums and see that the fixer is supposed to repair this issue at installation. I've tried removing the libraries and re-downloading them, and then also completely uninstalling and reinstalling DX10 fixer. But the problem still persists.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next - any ideas?

Thanks,

Dominic

Well that is indeed very strange.

How you downloaded the latest orbx libs? (that may be what you are saying in your post but I am not sure)

Can you show a picture of the problem so I can what these lights are?

Can you turn on missing texture alert in your fsx.cfg and see if there are any error reports when you look at these lights.

To do this add

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

in the [sCENERY] section of fsx.cfg

ShowMissingTextureAlert=1
in the [sCENERY] section of fsx.cfg

I didn't know you could do this Steve!  That is much easier than using Procmon to intercept missing textures!  Very nice!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

If you run the dx10toolbox it has a basic fsx.cfg screen which allows you to change a few fsx.cfg values such as this - the only thing is that it only works on fsx.cfg - and so won't work for a dual steam install at the moment.

Ok those definitely look like the FTX global lights.

Are you using the DVD version of FSX or the steam version and do you have both versions installed?

Can you check that there are no greyed out boxes on the DX10 Controller screen and can you confirm for me that in the debug dialog that all options are ticked.

It's the DVD version of FSX.

All debug options are ticked.

Shadows, Bloom and Other are greyed out in the DX10 Controller.

Worth noting too that I'm running REX4 textures, in case there are any know problems with this.

Thanks again,

Dominic

Ok that means that your general10.fx shader is non standard and therefore DX10SF is leaving it alone - have you previously made changes to it yourself? If you can restore the original file then all should be well.

I remember I did a while back, fortunately I kept a backup of the original. Working fine now!

Many, many thanks for all your help. Excellent support!

Dominic