Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

Bought! Can't wait to fly her...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I want to know how to transfer my license from 777 FSX to P3D ?

Fork over $89.99.

NAX669.png

As a business PMDG has the right to charge whatever they feel is a fair price for their product. As consumers we have the right to keep our wallets in our pockets. I own the 777 for FSX. I fly it occasionally but it's not my #1 aircraft. I own P3D and am waiting for the NGX. I don't know what price point would have induced me to buy the 777. I know it's not $89.99 and I can guarantee you it's not $134.99. We'll see what my breaking point for the NGX is. I'm not optimistic.

NAX669.png

As a business PMDG has the right to charge whatever they feel is a fair price for their product. As consumers we have the right to keep our wallets in our pockets. I own the 777 for FSX. I fly it occasionally but it's not my #1 aircraft. I own P3D and am waiting for the NGX. I don't know what price point would have induced me to buy the 777. I know it's not $89.99 and I can guarantee you it's not $134.99. We'll see what my breaking point for the NGX is. I'm not optimistic.

I wonder, is flying the 777 that much different than flying the NGX?  I own the NGX and fly it occasionally...just really wanted to see why everyone was so impressed.  It's nice, yeah.  Also, I'll be curious to see how the 777 does with VAS on P3D.  You hear about all of the issues people are having with that and it's one big, important factor.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

$89?   It's about $120 with the ER?  

Cheers, Rob.

$89?   It's about $120 with the ER?

Rob,

I pretty much shut down at the $89 price. I never got as far as the ER.

NAX669.png

You hear about all of the issues people are having with that and it's one big, important factor.

P3D is better on VAS than FSX, so not sure what you mean?  Most of the VAS issues I've seen are self induced ... i.e. turn graphics to max, load every add-on and set those add-ons to use all features, move around the world and never restart one's sim session (serious, some people actually do that). then run it on 3 monitors with only 2GB VRAM, then toss in a product that is for FSX only and viola, recipe for OOM.  

Anyway, not here to debate VAS because I know it's futile ... v2.5 fixes Vehicle selection screen memory consumption issue and the new option to NOT reload the world on view changes helps with VAS management.

Staying on track, I hope everyone is enjoying their PMDG 777 for P3D.  I know many were looking forward to this.

Cheers, Rob.

P3D is better on VAS than FSX, so not sure what you mean?

I was referring to the VAS issues people were having with the 777 in FSX.  Wondering how it does in P3D.  I'm hoping that there are some significant improvements.  Anyway, it's off topic.  I'll watch the threads.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well the PMDG is pretty much all I fly...having said that...and I do not fly VATSIM or that type of thing....then why should I go to P3d?   My question is honest as I have been simming for over 20 years and just do what is the current thing for the most part...but the PMDG is the best thing I have seen at least for me....and I do get the occasional freeze on FSX but other that that I do not really have a complaint as I have a lot of payware that is on FSX.... so just asking .....thanks in advance and I am not a computer guru...but if the 777 on P3d is the way to go then money is no problem for me but I don't need something I don't need...that is why I am asking.....thanks ...al v

Boy, I think this revelation hammers the last nail in the coffin for FSX.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor