Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

Most of the VAS issues I've seen are self induced ... i.e. turn graphics to max, load every add-on and

You may be on the right track here, Rob.

Just completed a trans-Atlantic flight EGLL-CYYZ, my 4th to date, in FSX-SE, and still managed to have over 1.2Gb spare VAS at the end when I landed. No G3d.dll, or terrain.dll, or bglmanx.dll CTDs that plagued the first 1-3 flights.

I think I have managed to set-up my system as per one or two guides herein, just the way it needs to be to run FSX-SE efficiently.

Having just bought the PMDG T7 dual package for P3D, am now looking forwards to that same stability.

This is at Orbx Alaska, PANC with high graphics settings (setting I typically don't use for complex aircraft, but they did work, for how long I don't know as I didn't test long).  Just wanted to make sure it was working in v2.5.

PMDG VAS usage hasn't changed ... as with FSX folks will need to adjust accordingly.

Cheers, Rob.

then why should I go to P3d?

Are you trolling or serious?  Anyway, I'll assume you're serious:

1.  P3D is under active development with plans for a 64bit version and PMDG will evaluate 64bit version also

2.  PMDG performance (FPS) is about 50% better in P3D than it was in FSX on my system

3.  More accurate lighting, shadows, water, fog, etc.

4.  Host of other enhancements that could be used for training someone (Sim Director)

But if you are a fan of PMDG, then #1 and #2 are pretty good reasons.  But you don't have to "switch" use them both.

Cheers, Rob.

Are you trolling or serious?  Anyway, I'll assume you're serious:

1.  P3D is under active development with plans for a 64bit version and PMDG will evaluate 64bit version also

2.  PMDG performance (FPS) is about 50% better in P3D than it was in FSX on my system

3.  More accurate lighting, shadows, water, fog, etc.

4.  Host of other enhancements that could be use for training someone (Sim Director)

But if you are a fan of PMDG, then #1 and #2 are pretty good reasons.  But you don't have to "switch" use them both.

Cheers, Rob.

Why did you have to say that. I just bough it a few weeks ago for the first time on FSX:SE...Now I am wondering if my eagerness did not cost me another 90$

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Can anyone confirm if the virtual cockpit view position shifting issue still exists?

Hello,

I think it's a fair price. A few weeks ago PMDG announced something about "sub $200 range". :wink:

I've just downloaded the package, but I will not install it, because I have reinstalled my operating system a few days ago. So I will wait for P3Dv2.5...

Patric

Can anyone confirm if the virtual cockpit view position shifting issue still exists?

I don't know what that issue is, can you provide more info?

Cheers, Rob

Just installed and not sure about this position issues myself but I can say the 777 is awesome in P3D - about 32ish fps in VC and 60ish in spot plane - unlimited fps - works great as I had stutters in fsx not anymore - well done PMDG She looks stunning in P3D

Rich Sennett

I don't know what that issue is, can you provide more info?

Cheers, Rob

The test I use is to load up the 777 at Hong Kong (VHHH), and just taxi in circles, if the problem is there you will see the VC view shift left or right quite a bit. I think most people don't notice this because the problem is not so bad in locations like North Amercia or Europe.

Thanks

The test I use is to load up the 777 at Hong Kong (VHHH), and just taxi in circles, if the problem is there you will see the VC view shift left or right quite a bit. I think most people don't notice this because the problem is not so bad in locations like North Amercia or Europe.

Wow, I can't for the life of me think why a location would cause a VC view to shift ... I can sorta understand cloud sizes changing (thinner) based on locations close to the poles ... but I can't image what would cause a VC to do that based on location.

But I'll give it a test.

Cheers, Rob.

@Rob : man I was getting nervous when you where accelerating on the runway. Just a couple of feet before the end of the runway it went airborne...pfew...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Agreed. Whereas the pit never looked right to me in fsx, I can say I'm loving it in p3d. Vibrant and detailed..... Must be those shadows playing tricks on my eyes again! Oh well.

Just installed and not sure about this position issues myself but I can say the 777 is awesome in P3D - about 32ish fps in VC and 60ish in spot plane - unlimited fps - works great as I had stutters in fsx not anymore - well done PMDG She looks stunning in P3D

Rob : man I was getting nervous when you where accelerating on the runway.

I had no idea what my speed was ... none of my GoFlight gear is setup and wasn't running my other PC for data so figured I'd extend it as long as possible.

I did a quick check of VAS/FPS ... very basic test, no actual flight and using setting I typically wouldn't use for a complex aircraft:

Weather: Clear

Scenery: Orbx FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC, REX 4 Textures

Graphics Settings: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_4K_Long_Haul.html

F22:

2.4 GB VC

2.6 GB Spot 360 rotation + VC

30 FPS (Locked)

PMDG 777:

2.9 GB VC

3.2 GB Spot 360 rotation + VC

27 FPS

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the reassurance with that short test flight, Rob. Going to try mine later today.