Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

Wow, I can't for the life of me think why a location would cause a VC view to shift ... I can sorta understand cloud sizes changing (thinner) based on locations close to the poles ... but I can't image what would cause a VC to do that based on location.

But I'll give it a test.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, it's a real weird one, explained in the intro manual page 136. I'm hoping it's somehow been fixed in P3D.

So how does it perform? Rob you did mention in your test that it seemed to perform better then your fsx version

Think ill hold on to my cash as I already have the 777 for FSX and cant justify spending $89  to fly it in P3D .  I will wait till the 747 comes out for P3D

Jason Richards

I purchased the 200 and 300.  Performed a flight FSDT KLAS to Flightbeam KDEN.  My average FPS throughout the flight were 23 that is with FPS locked at 30.  VAS remaining about 1 gb.  It stuttered quite a bit on landing as it was probably loading the sounds in which caused the autoland to bounce the landing.

Overall I really like the cockpit shadows etc but it really offers nothing else that FSX doesn't have.  I actually get better FPS and smoother feel in FSX.  I bought it just to support payware developers and look forward to the NGX.

My next flight I will try default airports to see if the FPS increases.  I will also try the same route in FSX for average FPS.

I use FTX Global and UTX 2.0.

My specs I72600K OC 4.2, MSI 970GTX 4gb GPU

Edited by sgreen91

Sean Green

I also just purchased the 200LR and the -300ER. I am going to do a short test-flight OTHH-OMDB in the LR . So far so good but the gauges inside VC seems a little blur . MAybe this is just the nature of P3D. I have FXAA off.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Your observations have been very useful, thanks.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

134.99 $. after March 7 is  a brave decision by PMDG, I personally believe even though they are the top brand, the best of the best, they have pushed up the price far too much.

I opted for  the Aerosoft Airbus 319 for 40$ and i'm very happy with it and just couldn't consider paying 89$ never mind 134$.

The problem with very high prices isnt just wether the product is worth the extra money its also the worry that your system might not cope with it either, so its a big gamble.

I have never owned a PMDG product even though I have invested heavily in payware, this new  to be ceiling of $134 for a payware aircraft pushes other developers into higher prices, because their products will seem very much more inferior if they are a third of the price.

Its one step forward when PMDG joins P3D and two steps back when they hike the price up like that.

I also just purchased the 200LR and the -300ER. I am going to do a short test-flight OTHH-OMDB in the LR . So far so good but the gauges inside VC seems a little blur . MAybe this is just the nature of P3D. I have FXAA off.

Michael Moe

Yeah, I have just the same and noticed the same. The fonts do not look sharp.

Additionally, I received a notification for the Ops Center, went to update it, got a a failed Update Notice, then on restart,it just disappeared.Has anyone else had that happen to them?

Has anybody seen any WX returns yet?  I don't think I've flown through any precip but just wondering.

I'll watch the map on ASN to see but somebody said they don't see any returns.

My fonts are sharp and readible.  I'm using 4x MSAA and 4x SGMSS in  NI.

Sean Green

I'm using 4x MSAA and 4x SGMSS in NI.

Is there a  setting just for Prepar3d in NI as opposed to a setting Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

Michael Moe

Having a little problem though. Seems that my Throttletek737 is making som sort of interruption with the T7. Everytime i hit TOGA things get ugly. Even if i have THR REF in the FMA the engine does not spool up. Manually thrust does not help either. I have controls setup for for only one throttlelever  so it should not interfear. (one lever controls both engines)

Did a try with "never" in the option about "THR overide" and if i set my throttletek 100% just after hitting TOGA i was able to get in the air. 

A saved flight was not a success either. Had to manually load the panelstate inside the FMC .

But now i am inbound ILS30L in OMDB and it is just so smooth with absolut ZERO stutter running unlimited FPS . Great at last  B)

Michael Moe

Has anybody seen any WX returns yet?  I don't think I've flown through any precip but just wondering.

I'll watch the map on ASN to see but somebody said they don't see any returns.

My fonts are sharp and readible.  I'm using 4x MSAA and 4x SGMSS in  NI.

Jep , just tested with manually ASN weather injection

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes I have a profile in NI set up for P3D.  The 4x MSAA is in the P3D display settings.  I also use 16x AF.  1024 textures.

The 4x SSGSS is in NI.  Dont know if that answers your question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30bhzoftph87z1r/Prepar3D%202-8-2015%206-40-05%20AM-309.png?dl=0

Sean, that looks a darn sight sharper than mine, which I have not made any settings adjustments to. Just running it as it was 'out-of-the-box'. Thanks for your tips. Will adjust in NI accordingly.

Cool, this will be a big step up from CS 777, even though I've been sim'ming since 1981 and never had a PMDG before.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Finally! A PMDG plane for P3Dv2. I would also like to use this post to thank every other FS developer out there that doesn't have the same INSANE pricing policies that PMDG have. Enjoy!