Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

Finally! A PMDG plane for P3Dv2. I would also like to use this post to thank every other FS developer out there that doesn't have the same INSANE pricing policies that PMDG have. Enjoy!

PMDG's pricing policy should be to maximise its revenues - presumably like all commercial organisations?

Sean

Could you kindly PM me your NI settings for P3D?

Thanks.

Sean, that looks a darn sight sharper than mine, which I have not made any settings adjustments to. Just running it as it was 'out-of-the-box'. Thanks for your tips. Will adjust in NI accordingly.

Anyone who has a NI profile they want to share then ?

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Anyone who has a NI profile they want to share then ?

Michael

+++1. Likewise, and Thanks in advance.

Are you trolling or serious?  Anyway, I'll assume you're serious:

1.  P3D is under active development with plans for a 64bit version and PMDG will evaluate 64bit version also

2.  PMDG performance (FPS) is about 50% better in P3D than it was in FSX on my system

3.  More accurate lighting, shadows, water, fog, etc.

4.  Host of other enhancements that could be used for training someone (Sim Director)

But if you are a fan of PMDG, then #1 and #2 are pretty good reasons.  But you don't have to "switch" use them both.

Cheers, Rob.

I was just about to ask the same question (seriously).  The video looks good but not that much different to my FSX setup with the 777. 

64 bit is nice, but that does not help me now, I can wait until that is released.  For all I know it could be 3 or 4 years away.

Performance 50% higher.....ok P3D wins there although I get pretty good frames with FSX and DX10. 

Lighting, shadows, water, fog......I know its better in P3D but honestly from the videos I can't really tell that much of a difference, I am sure its there I probably just need to see it in person to know what the difference really amounts to. 

Other enhancements like sim director is not something I would use.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yeah, I have just the same and noticed the same. The fonts do not look sharp.

Additionally, I received a notification for the Ops Center, went to update it, got a a failed Update Notice, then on restart,it just disappeared.Has anyone else had that happen to them?

Try turning off VC mipmap in graphics settings

I will re-consider P3D depending on Dovetail's approach to business, during the next months. 

Also, if they move to 64 bit support it'll be yet another good reason to go P3D.

Regarding the price, I have only recently upgraded to the -300, and am waiting for compatible installer for the NGX, and looking fwd for the 744 v2, but the quality, complexity, detail of PMDG's addons is, by itself, remarkable on any platform, so, if not for other good reason, support for their extraordinary work comes to my mind as a reason to buy the new license, if one intends to use P3D.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I actually get better FPS and smoother feel in FSX.

Are you sure? Rob said he gets 50% more fps in P3D compared to FSX.

Here is my NI settings. Really sharp i think.

NINEW.jpg

image.jpg

Prepar3_D_2015_02_08_15_38_36_49.jpg

Prepar3_D_2015_02_08_15_38_11_13.jpg

Prepar3_D_2015_02_08_15_37_38_28.jpg

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Try turning off VC mipmap in graphics settings

Thanks for that. Done that, but please have a look at the screengrab. Does not appear sharp

PMDGP3D85e93.jpg

Thanks for that, Michael Moe. Will try applying those NI settings.

Yes at least on my system.

Just did a test 777 on 4L at DEFAULT KJFK in P3D FPS 17-20

777 at 4L FSDT KJFK in FSX FPS 27-30  that is with max autogen etc.

Now Rob has a monster of a system compared to most simmers I would say so really my comparing myself to Rob is not something I would do as he would rip me everytime in performance.

Mine I would say is for me a low to medium end system as per my specs I listed above.  I think 40-50% simmers have a comparable system.  Thats why I posted my results just so people with average systems can make a fair decision.

Why mine runs better in FSX than P3D with addon scenery compared to default I haven't a clue.  Everybody's system does differently.  Just as my FSX has never crashed like so many people say it does but its just my computer or setup I guess; not saying it doesn't crash but my FSX is very stable.

Sean Green

My experience so far is much smoother but FPS about the same as in FSX which is great.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Yes at least on my system.

Just did a test 777 on 4L at DEFAULT KJFK in P3D FPS 17-20

777 at 4L FSDT KJFK in FSX FPS 27-30  that is with max autogen etc.

Now Rob has a monster of a system compared to most simmers I would say so really my comparing myself to Rob is not something I would do as he would rip me everytime in performance.

Mine I would say is for me a low to medium end system as per my specs I listed above.  I think 40-50% simmers have a comparable system.  Thats why I posted my results just so people with average systems can make a fair decision.

Why mine runs better in FSX than P3D with addon scenery compared to default I haven't a clue.  Everybody's system does differently.  Just as my FSX has never crashed like so many people say it does but its just my computer or setup I guess; not saying it doesn't crash but my FSX is very stable.

I think KJFK by FSDT is better with FPS than the default airport. Just tried it myself  and i have 27-30fps in P3D with FSDT version on 4L

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I think KJFK by FSDT is better with FPS than the default airport. Just tried it myself  and i have 27-30fps in P3D with FSDT version on 4L

Thanks Michael I may load it into P3D because I'm gonna have to reinstall when 2.5 comes out so might as well give it a shot.

Sean Green