Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

Yes, it's a real weird one, explained in the intro manual page 136. I'm hoping it's somehow been fixed in P3D.

I dont think it has at least not in 2.4. I am all over the VC after turns flying in Dubai today

Michael Moe

Dont mind the blank PFD,ND. Its on a second monitor  B)

Michael

777_LR_P3_D.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi everyone!

Just to give you guys an idea on performance...

Installed the plane this morning and so far not very impressed by the performance in P3D. I only compare with Majestic Software Dash Q400 which is similar in terms of complexity.

I run Win 8.1 64 , P3D 2.4, Rex 4 , FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX Europe Open LC and airport FSDT Geneva (Switzerland) - every setting nearly maxed up expect traffic (which is 0 nearly) and lighting

PMDG 777 -200 LR

Sitting on the RWY in Geneva I get about 28-30 fps

Dash 400

Sitting on the same RWY in Geneva I get about 45-48 fps.

Once in the sky ,  just over Geneva the 777-200  at low altitude, it is also a much less smooth experience, there are stutters ....  (in the air about 25 fps for the 777 and about 40 fps for the DASH with hardly never any stutters at all for the DASH) .

Anthony

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

Installed the plane this morning and so far not very impressed by the performance in P3D. I only compare with Majestic Software Dash Q400 which is similar in terms of complexity.

Even though they are both comparable in terms of complexity, the Majestic Q400 performs better than other complex aircraft. This is a known fact for quite some time and is exactly the same in FSX. So this is not the right comparison. And 28-30 fps is absolutely fine for the PMDG 777. Nothing to complain about...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Even though they are both comparable in terms of complexity, the Majestic Q400 performs better than other complex aircraft. This is a known fact for quite some time and is exactly the same in FSX. So this is not the right comparison. And 28-30 fps is absolutely fine for the PMDG 777. Nothing to complain about...

Well for me it is precisely the right comparison as it shows that between two software with about same complexity one is much better optimized it seems... Particularly given the fact that the dash was even issued for P3D free of charge as well for FSX owners..this is a bit disappointing yes..

But of course if on your system 28-30 fpsis absolutely smooth with no stutters there no need to be disappointed

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

PMDG should take an exemple of the Aerosoft Extended series..

Fabulous aircraft for a descent price

Although the PMDG prices are way above what I want to spend on addons, you have to agree the depth of simulation in the PMDG planes is of a different order than that of the Aerosoft plane... A certain kind of depth and quality simply comes at a price.

The fact that the final price of the 777 will be a lot higher than the FSX price is another story though... To me that's simply taking advantage of the 'it's a sim, not a game' stance that LM has taken. And what's even more strange is that the PMDG info says "This PMDG 777 license is for personal use only, not for professional or training use"...? :huh: If that's so, then why the higher price?

Anyway, it's nonetheless GREAT for P3D that PMDG finally is on board now!!!

You didn't get it ? the P3D version is not for "us". They have liability and legal obligations. They can't offer an upgrade path for that reason. FSX is an entertainment product. P3D isn't. So you either buy it at this price and shut up about it or don't because they can't do anything about it. L&M has a license agreement with Microsoft. Their license is for training and commercial use. Any encroachment on this license could end with huge ramification for all parties involved.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Their license is for training and commercial use.

I don't want to start that discussion all over again but if what you say is true, then why is this 777 "for personal use only, not for professional or training use"? Anyway, PMDG asks the price which they think is right but they COULD have asked FSX prices: no one is forcing them to ask higher prices for P3D versions of their software. Agan, specially if this version is NOT for what P3D is intended.

Are you sure? Rob said he gets 50% more fps in P3D compared to FSX.

Yes I'm sure, 50% minimum, more if I tried to get as close to "apples to apples" (i.e. turn off HDR, tessellation, shadows) ... also I'm comparing 3840 x 2160 P3D setup with my FSX setup that was running on a 2560 x 1600 with a 6.5 LOD (anything above a 6.5 LOD in FSX would OOM pretty quickly with PMDG 777) - I was getting around 16-19 fps in FSX (same hardware, except monitor resolution is higher in P3D).

In P3D I'm getting 20-30 fps with average around 27 fps with much higher graphics settings than FSX.  My P3D Settings: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_4K_Long_Haul.html

Cheers, Rob.

Is anyone getting issues running the PMDG 777 with the latest nvidia driver? Im about to switch to to P3D and would like to which driver is stable for P3D.

Moses Velasquez

I'm using 4x MSAA and 4x SGMSS in  NI.

The 4x SSGSS is in NI.  

Now Rob has a monster of a system compared to most simmers I would say so really my comparing myself to Rob is not something I would do as he would rip me everytime in performance.

Not sure what AA mode you are operating under as none of those (SSGSS and SGMSS) show up in NI for me?  I think you mean SGSS AA  (Sparse Grid SuperSampling) ... just so you are aware, I do NOT use SGSS AA for any "normal" flying in P3D, just way to hard on my GPU and causes stutters.  So if you believe I have a monster system and I'm not using SGSS AA because it kills performance ... I would imagine a "non-monster" system would suffer performance issues even more.

On a side note: the "monster" (I actually don't consider my setup a monster system as I have a EE friend from Intel than has a few system that are truly "monster" systems ... so it's all relative) system I'm currently building is based on 5960X with moderately high OC ... my 3960X setup is 3 years old now (but it has done all I could ask of it and produced that video) ... I just need to make time (just had no time with testing P3D v2.5 and now with PMDG out) to finish building my other system.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for that, Rob. Just what I was looking for.

Im about to switch to to P3D and would like to which driver is stable for P3D.

I'm using 337.88 with good results.  Hopefully we'll see an nVidia profile specifically for P3D 2.x in Q1 this year ... or at the very least nVidia will stop breaking compatibility with P3D. ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Just did a flight for KIAD to KFJK.... oh what fun it is !

Great pics!  What do you use for AI traffic?