Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

1st Post-P3D Long-Haul Report:

Just completed a long-haul Trans-Atlantic flight using the P3D PMDG 777-300ER. No OOMs, no terrain.dll, or G3d.dll, or any *.dll errors causing a CTD, and given my modest GPU, throughout the flight I was never below 1Gb VAS and in fact landed, night-time, into default EGCC, with just under 500mb VAS remaining.

To have completed a long-haul flight in the PMDG777-300ER without any OOMs is, for me, at least, the ultimate nirvana. This justifies the outlay on the PMDG777 dual package P3D.

Congrats! I want to read reports of folks that do 14:00+ into large O&D 3rd party developer airports. Preferably with ASN, Orbx Vector and FTX Global installed.

Ryan Kelly

Phil

Only tweak I did was use Rob Ainscough's set-up. To that I added FS2Crew for the PMDG T7 as I wanted to add some flight prep realism sat at the gate, as well as to check if I'd get any CTDs at the gate like I did with FSX-SE. I have a multitude of ORBX products but was not/am not sure if they'd work in P3D, so have not explored that route. REX I bought ages ago and still have not figured to use it, or posted in their Forum awaiting some verification nonsense, which I never got, so have not installed that in either FXS-MS/FSX-SE or P3D.

I read your VHHH post. That's my next goal, FlyTampa's VHHH to FSDT's PHNL or LAX.

Surely, if we have technology ala Samsung's tv sets picking up conversations and relaying that data to some obscure hidden farming server, then code-writers at LM should be able to address this VAS sceptre that to quote a poster, 'hangs like the Sword of Damocles' above our hobby.

Yo Rick, good news.  I started a flight from FSDT KIAH to PHNL about an hour ago.  Thus far... VAS is MUCH better... at cruising altitude and hovering around 2900 and it is steady.  Not sure what I did before, but just to be safe prior to this flight I reinstalled my rex textures and followed all of Rob's tips (load from the mission save, etc).  Looking quite good so far. I will give an update tomorrow.  For now... I need to keep working on this leadership deck for work.  Decile, quartile, proc sql, case statement... sorry, it is all on my mind right now :)

-Phil

Anyone know how to get FSDT's GSX Add-on to work in P3D? It shows in the Add-ons drop-down menu but pressing Ctrl+F12 has no effect whatsoever. Do not see the GSX menu. Have done a Couatl Update, restart, etc, still no dice.

Are you sure that you have the popup key set to that? Check your settings and the manual again.

Is anyone able to share a PFPX profile for the 200LR?

Thanks

erich

Are you sure that you have the popup key set to that? Check your settings and the manual again.

GSX's own Key Mapping states Ctrl+F12, whereas in FSX-MS & FSX-SE, it was Ctrl+Shift+F12, and I had no problems access the full GSX menu.

I just completed an 8 hour flight from KIAH (FSDT Airport) to the standard PHNL.  Performance was amazing, weather radar... well... what can I say, it is awesome.  And I landed with 800 MB in VAS to spare. 

The thing that set me at ease the most was how even though VAS rose when I was flying over LA, it dropped by about 300 MB once I got over the open ocean... that is what was concerning me from my prior flight... the VAS just get climing over the ocean.  This time, it was steady... the way it should be.

Anyway, I highly recommend this bird. 

it dropped by about 300 MB once I got over the open ocean

Phil

Had the very same doing the crossing across the N Atlantic.

The nifty VAS reporting utility I've seen in some screenshots--where can I get it?  I'm using FSUIPC's but I'd rather have the one that displays on the lower left of the screen and reports VAS used not remaining balance.  Thanks in advance ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

GSX's own Key Mapping states Ctrl+F12, whereas in FSX-MS & FSX-SE, it was Ctrl+Shift+F12, and I had no problems access the full GSX menu.

I'm not at my computer ATM but I'm pretty sure that the default key is the same for P3d (ctl-shft-F12). In any case see what your setting is.

Thanks, Jay.

Just re-installed GSX and pointed it to the correct LM folder, but as I was already on a 55min count-down prep in FS2Crew, I was not going to waste time re-starting P3D all over again. I'll check it all next flight.

The nifty VAS reporting utility I've seen in some screenshots--where can I get it?  I'm using FSUIPC's but I'd rather have the one that displays on the lower left of the screen and reports VAS used not remaining balance.  Thanks in advance ;o)

Do a search for VAS Monitor. I cannot find the developer's name on the Help.

I don't know what that issue is, can you provide more info?

Cheers, Rob

Yes,it still exists in P3D tested with VHHH

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Took off from Chicago KMDW and headed east toward EGLL and just kept going (set to unlimited fuel to just let the sim keep running). I have Orbx global, ASN, MyTraffic X (new beta) with traffic set to 50% (with the air-manager limiter running). 12 hours in the air and still going strong...

Took off from Chicago KMDW and headed east toward EGLL and just kept going (set to unlimited fuel to just let the sim keep running). I have Orbx global, ASN, MyTraffic X (new beta) with traffic set to 50% (with the air-manager limiter running). 12 hours in the air and still going strong...

Hey exodus

You got a link for the Mytraffic X beta, or is it closed?

Thanks.

Hey exodus

You got a link for the Mytraffic X beta, or is it closed?

Thanks.

It's closed. Bernard was nice enough to include me after I asked for help after having trouble with 5.4c (which was largely my fault since I didn't note that it is not v2 compatible). Should be out soon--it works nicely with v2.

Thanks for that, exodus. Want to get this into P3D, as it's superb in FSX-MS only.