Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

I am really enjoying the T7.  It has been been so long since I played it on FSX that I had forgotten how awesome it is.  

Another long haul to Denver... currently smack middle of the pacific and VAS is at a low 2600.  Weather radar is pretty sweet too... lots of nasty weather right now via ASN.

It's closed. Bernard was nice enough to include me after I asked for help after having trouble with 5.4c (which was largely my fault since I didn't note that it is not v2 compatible). Should be out soon--it works nicely with v2.

Good to know.

hello guys , i just need to know what about us who owns  an fsx version of pmdg 777 ? can we upgrade it to p3d v2  version with lower price or we have to buy a new one for p3d v2 ? Thanks

hello guys , i just need to know what about us who owns an fsx version of pmdg 777 ? can we upgrade it to p3d v2 version with lower price or we have to buy a new one for p3d v2 ? Thanks

It's a whole new purchase.

Read this thread for pricing info: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461652-07feb15-pmdg-777-200lrf-300er-for-p3d-released/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Downloading the 777 now and looking forward to the NGX release for P3Dv2. I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Thank you PMDG!

To people complaining about memory usage, it really isn't the PMDG 777's fault. I mean, it doesn't make things any better having very VERY high quality textures and an enormously complex model and avionics suite, but all I do in the PMDG 777 is long hauls, between 10-15 hours each. The longest I've done was VHHH-SCEL (more of a proof of concept flight to see if it was possible) and only once have I had a panel freeze (descending into LAX from Dubai after about 14 hours). I think the key here is to balance how pretty the sim is with how stable it is. If you want to fly with these extremely complex aircraft, disable some fancy stuff like autogen or maybe just use default airports instead of these FSDT monsters. I have the ground textures and mesh very high, but disable autogen. I never notice it as I'm above 10,000 feet for 99% of the flight. Learn to make some sacrifices, people or spend all your time tweaking instead of simming. 

Absolutely!

+1

I keep saying most of us treat FSX / P3D ( this one while still 32 bit ) as the Chicken of the Golden Eggs....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Bought it and downloaded yesterday but not yet installed it. I just have a question that may sound silly but here it goes. Do the liveries used in FSX work in P3D ?

Thanks

Bought it and downloaded yesterday but not yet installed it. I just have a question that may sound silly but here it goes. Do the liveries used in FSX work in P3D ?

Thanks

I'm thinking so, but they have their own dedicated 777 control panel and livery manager so the whole process is very automated and easy to install new liveries.  Probably the same ones as FSX used.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Thanks

Same liveries, use the OC for and direct towards P3D, whichever variation you want.

I am new to P3D and have been challenged getting the excellent Airbus series to run as smooth as it does in my FSX with DX10.

How does the 777 fair performance wise. If you have the correct sliders for your PC does it run smoothly? I decided to try a test to see what the VAS is like in P3D. I have never suffered OOM even on a long haul flight from Hong Kong - Toronto in the 777.

I downloaded sysinternals just out of curiosity. Yesterday  from EGKK - CYYZ in the A319 I never got above 2.5 gig. So far I only have Rex 4 textures installed, I am waiting for ASN to be patched for 2.5 and haven't installed FTX global

I am now letting the 777 fly south in FSX from CYYZ at FL320 with  ASN, Rex 4 & FTX Global. Currently my VAS is around 2.4 gig. I am going to leave he all night and check in the morning.

I like to do my homework before investing, especially as I only got P3D to try. I am really hoping I can reach the Nirvana I have with FSX

Happy Days

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I was about to buy the T7 but with all those comment with the VAS usage and the low fps in VC make me think about it 2 time. 

I am new to P3D and have been challenged getting the excellent Airbus series to run as smooth as it does in my FSX with DX10.

How does the 777 fair performance wise. If you have the correct sliders for your PC does it run smoothly? I decided to try a test to see what the VAS is like in P3D. I have never suffered OOM even on a long haul flight from Hong Kong - Toronto in the 777.

I downloaded sysinternals just out of curiosity. Yesterday  from EGKK - CYYZ in the A319 I never got above 2.5 gig. So far I only have Rex 4 textures installed, I am waiting for ASN to be patched for 2.5 and haven't installed FTX global

I am now letting the 777 fly south in FSX from CYYZ at FL320 with  ASN, Rex 4 & FTX Global. Currently my VAS is around 2.4 gig. I am going to leave he all night and check in the morning.

I like to do my homework before investing, especially as I only got P3D to try. I am really hoping I can reach the Nirvana I have with FSX

Happy Days

Richard

I'm still using P3D 2.2 and have found 777 to have quite good total performance compared to my other planes, but this is of course considering how complex 777 is.  I also use the ultra easy performing Super MD80 from CoolSky, QW757, RA Turbine Duke & Lancair Legacy.  I am using REX4 textures at 2048x2048,  FTX Global, KDEN HD & KPHX HD, and many of the FTX regionals.  I haven't tried 777 in any of the regionals, just FTX Global w/ some select airports.  I have dialed back some sliders, but much to my delight they it's very hard to tell the difference w/ the maxed settings visually.   I use SUPERVCCA_12X4X & 4X Supersampling--the penalty in dense clouds w/ SGAA 4x is too much so I live w/ 4X SS.  I have LOD at one notch left of full right.   Autogen/Veg at Dense.  Clouds out to 100m but low or medium density.

If I have a moderately complex scene for example RWY09 at KSAN w/ light to moderate clouds at sunrise in the T7 I'll be seeing around 27 (23-32 depending on view while taxiing).  If I now toggle the VC off so that I have a forward unobstructed open view this will double in frame rate, so I will see around 54 fps at that same location.  I find in mod-high complexity areas the VC will run at roughly half the frame rate of the open forward view.  With the other planes I mentioned open view might only be 20% greater frame rate than VC view, right on up to nearly no cost in frame rate at all (ok, maybe 1-3 fps) w/ the Coolsky MD80 VC.

Now that sounds bad, I mean 1/2 the frame rate on VC over no VC, but here's the catch:  smooth video, smooth simulation, is on a par with all of those other planes, except perhaps the MD80.  It's very good.  And also, in the more complex areas, it seems to do even better than for example QW757.  They have quite apparently made some meaningful optimizations for P3D V2.x.   I have a hunch there is a configuration that helps the simulator to prioritize components and I sense the T7 has been given some priority over other aspects of the simulation, i.e. the environment outside, and yet the outside view is fine as well.    I flew from KLAS to CYYC today in fair skies and arrived at CYYC with ~800,000mb of unspent VAS.  I'm sure that would go up considerably w/ FTX regionals installed.  The T7 really plays well w/ FSCaptain & GSX ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Prepar3d brought to its knees in my brand-new Prepar3d v2.4 PMDG  T7

I just downloaded alacrity, and after some research

http://www.blackvipe...configurations/  AND;

this terrific alacrity tutorial,

http://snomhf.exofir...alacrityPC.html

and made a flight from FDDT's Dubai to  Kuwait city In my brand-new Prepar3d v2.4 PMDG  T7.

No,  I did not get everything right, and I closed some things that I needed....but...AlacrityPC works...killing programs and services live, then restoring them...

Why did I come back to almost 10 year old technology?....cause nothing that I know of does what AlacrityPC and Ken Salter's previous memory clearing tool for FS does.

I tried flying the following

Prepar3d v2.4 

PMDG  T7

TrackIR

OpusfsI

Aivlasofts EFB,

and my system was brought to its knees....appearing to depend on Virtual Memory...utter Sh**t...and then...I :

Cleared the memory with AlacrityPC, and all of a sudden, my 2600K 8GB comes back to life....this bears RE-Looking at folks.

Chas

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409422-alacrity-pc-for-windows-7/?p=3179693

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2