Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07FEB15] PMDG 777-200LR/F & 300ER for P3D Released!

Captains-

A few moments ago, we have made live the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3D and PMDG 777-300ER Expansion for Prepar3D!

With these two releases, we officially kick off what we anticipate will be an exciting new period of development for serious flight simulation on a serious, enterprise-targeted simulation platform that is growing, improving and under continual, active development.

The PMDG 777 product line in Prepar3D is a direct descendent of our seventeen years of development dating back to our first product in 1997, and represents the foundation for our work to expand our product capabilities beyond the limitations imposed by older simulation platforms.

As Prepar3D grows as a platform, so to do we anticipate the capabilities of our advanced airliner simulation product line will grow.  Work has been underway since early in 3Q14 to begin changing the PMDG product line to allow it to take greater advantage of Prepar3D.  During 2015, we anticipate rolling out changes to the 777 and NGX product lines in P3D that will allow users to take greater advantage of many features in P3D that we were unable to accommodate previously, such as advanced cockpit hardware such as those provided by FlightDeck Solutions, networking and advanced multi-crew functionality.

Most importantly, as Prepar3D moves toward the x64 environment, PMDG will be able to help our simulation customers move right along with Lockheed Martin into this advanced, less memory restrictive simulation environment.

Prepar3D, by Lockheed Martin Corporation is a vastly different simulation platform than many users may be accustomed to, and Lockheed Martin offers an array of licensing options to their customers from Academic licensing to Enterprise Solutions.  PMDG is proud to offer our first General Use license in the Prepar3D environment which is targeted to customers who wish to learn more about advanced airliners like the 777 without having to attend a formal training environment or purchase a type rating.  Our General Use license can is compatible with any license for Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D platform in v2.2-v2.4.

Pricing in P3D will be different than our FSX customers may be accustomed to, as our P3D product line will continue to grow and expand under a continuing development program.  This will include update to x64 versions, additional functionality and product capabilities as they are made available within the P3D platform.

As an incentive to customers who might be interested, we are offering special pricing on our P3D product line for the first 30 days by matching the pricing on our FSX line of 777 products. 

Between now and the end of the day on 07MAR15, customers can acquire the PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package for Prepar3D for the introductory price of $89.99.  Beginning at midnight on 08MAR15, the price will increase to $134.99 so if you think you might be interested in moving to Prepar3D- NOW is the time to acquire a 777.

Okay...  I am off to enjoy a bit of flying...  If only I can convince Jason to bring the 77W back home...

PMDG777-300ER_P3D.JPG

For those interested in a light-twin...  The P3D versions of the NGX go into testing this weekend as well....

Busy times here at PMDG!

Thanks again for all of your support and patience as we have spooled up our development to also support Prepar3D...   We see some great things ahead!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

man I bought it and tried it a few secs. ago (777-200 and 300) all I wanna say is thank you!!!!.... (I had fsx 777-200 and 300 er too)

Running around the house looking for my wallet!!!

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

So, no discount for people that already spent 90 dollars on the FSX version?

Any plans for a license conversion program (as hinted at previously) and/or a different version for academic version users?

sig01.png

So, no discount for people that already spent 90 dollars on the FSX version?

RSR has alluded to a promotional offer to change licenses.

These are two separate platforms, aimed at separate user groups, for separate reasons. P3D is not "Replacement FSX.

Reference:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/?p=3161558

I personally held off purchasing the 777 for FSX as I knew it would come out for P3D (I was flying the NGX for great time until I found interest in the 777, which was about 6 months ago).

I will have to re-purchase the NGX however when it would be released for P3D as at the time, P3D wasn't even there.

I understand why, it makes perfect sense to me, it is not a monetary drive not to do an "upgrade pricing" as many think it is, but rather legal / License tethering with 3rd party.

it is not that hard to understand this, I did not make this up nor it is my interpretation of anything, RSR 1000 times repeated the same thing over again and again how it is nothing to do with extracting extra money from customers..

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

these are two separate platforms, aimed at separate user groups, for separate reasons. P3D is not "Replacement FSX.

Of course it is...... Its the future !!!

I also have 777 on FSX which I no longer use. I'm not buying it again for P3D. 

Any plans for a license conversion program (as hinted at previously) and/or a different version for academic version users?

Max-

We do not have any plans for a conversion program.  It really isn't a feasible option given the logistics that are required to manage such a thing.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Max-

We do not have any plans for a conversion program.  It really isn't a feasible option given the logistics that are required to manage such a thing.

Okay. I guess I will pass and wait for the 747. I find it actually a bit sad that I use FSX strictly for that aircraft and cannot migrate to the sim I use all the time - I have to buy the product again, at the abysmal CAD exchange rate.

sig01.png

Great news ;)

That means you have now more time to work on the compability of the other airplanes for the FSX:SE.

If the P3D is the Future or not. Doesn't matter. I don't like these discussions. Everybody has their own preferable platform. For me I will not move because I spent already more than 700 Euros in Addons. I tried P3D but it was to complicated for me to configure the settings.