Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07FEB15] PMDG 777-200LR/F & 300ER for P3D Released!

Damn people...

If you dont like it vote with your wallets, no one wants to listen to whingers...

You dont go to a car dealer and demand a major discount because you previously brought a 4 cylinder and now want the new 6 clyinder version...

Cop it sweet or move on.

+1

David Porrett

Damn people...

If you dont like it vote with your wallets, no one wants to listen to whingers...

You dont go to a car dealer and demand a major discount because you previously brought a 4 cylinder and now want the new 6 clyinder version...

Cop it sweet or move on.

I just hope that voting with my wallet means that I am choosing not to purchase it because I don't have interest in P3D development. I do have interest. I am just frustrated with their method of charging full price just for another platform. P3D is not that different to justify the price as FS9 was with FSX. Come, P3Ds 32 - 64 bit, charge for an update then? Sure, I can agree with that. You guys will have a lot of work for that, but the change isn't that big from FSX to P3D. (That I know of... If not, please correct me.)  Again, I know their were changes with the coding and licensing, but the models, sounds and textures all remain the same... no? Even a small discount for that would be appreciated.  

PMDG does amazing work, your products are worth every penny. I just feel less valued that I have to rebuy the exact same aircraft (with respect to the type of plane) at full price just to fly it on P3D. 

Corey Andrews
Proud owner of the PMDG 777 

Does anyone know if FS2Crew will work straight away in P3D too or do we have to wait for an update to that?

We just need to update the installer.  FS2Crew 777 works out of the box in P3D, Steam and FSX.

Expect V1.4 with an installer update shortly.

Best,

I just hope that voting with my wallet means that I am choosing not to purchase it because I don't have interest in P3D development. I do have interest. I am just frustrated with their method of charging full price just for another platform. P3D is not that different to justify the price as FS9 was with FSX. Come, P3Ds 32 - 64 bit, charge for an update then? Sure, I can agree with that. You guys will have a lot of work for that, but the change isn't that big from FSX to P3D. (That I know of... If not, please correct me.) Again, I know their were changes with the coding and licensing, but the models, sounds and textures all remain the same... no? Even a small discount for that would be appreciated.

PMDG does amazing work, your products are worth every penny. I just feel less valued that I have to rebuy the exact same aircraft (with respect to the type of plane) at full price just to fly it on P3D.

As stated, work begun in 3Q14, its now 1Q15, thats a 6 month chunk of development that seemingly no one wants to pay for.

Plus PMDG wants to pass on the licence increase (assuming) so i dunno, the price seems fair.

And as stated many, many times. FSX =/= P3D/ESP.

But hey, at least you P3D mob have *something* us X-Plane drivers, despite 64 bit and more modern archetecture are still waiting, so think yourselfs lucky! :P

Perhaps with the very popular release of FSX-SE they are not expecting big order numbers from P3D now and this pricing policy reflects that

ZORAN

But hey, at least you P3D mob have *something* us X-Plane drivers, despite 64 bit and more modern archetecture are still waiting, so think yourselfs lucky!

Hey! I'm still waiting for X-Plane stuff too! I'm not just part of the P3D mob :P

Corey Andrews

Is there any discount also for ER extension during the time that base package is also reduced? It would be a great chance.

Would be interesting to see the units sold vs people complaining.

I dare say there would be a large discrepancy in the favour of units sold :P

THANK YOU PMDG!!!

Just purchased both Base pack + 300ER Expansion!!!

Looking forward to fly again the NGX!

Just a quick question regarding the NGX, will it have the 600/700 expansion as well or only 800/900?

Owner of J41, MD-11, 737NGX 800/900, FSX 777-200LR, FSX 777-300ER.

This is the type of customer you lost today with your greed, PMDG. 

maybe someone can answer this:

Are the installers compatible with every P3D v2 version. (academic, professional,..) or are they limited to academic plattform?

thanks

From the website product page: 

PREPAR3D NOTES:
This is compatible only with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D. (v2.2.x - v2.4.x)
This package is required to use any of the PMDG 777 series products for Prepar3D.
You must have installed Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D to use this product. (Any Prepar3D license level.)
This product requires a live connection to the internet for installation.
This product uses a full virtual cockpit and does not include 2D panels. (Some pop-up functions avail.)
This PMDG 777 license is for personal use only, not for professional or training use.
This PMDG 777 license is compatible with any Lockheed Martin Prepar3D license level.

Corey Andrews

Does the P3D 777 version have the same pop ups , PFD, MCP EICAS, FMC, as the FSX version?

Percy Lee.

I agree. The most disappointing part for me is not the price itself, but the fact that everyone is getting the same intro price. It's like the money we paid for the FSX version that helped fund the P3D version doesn't even matter.

The FSX version did not "fund the P3D version" any more than claiming that the NGX funded the 777 and therefore you should get the 777 at a discount. P3D and FSX are not the same platform. There's a different set of support concerns for us, the licensing from Boeing to sell the product is different, and a bunch of other things. I know you all want to view this as some black and white good vs. evil thing, but that's not the actual situation here. Working out the stuff that is in the P3D license was not free to us (not even close to it) and it had to be done.

If you or anyone else doesn't like the price of the P3D, then that's your right, but please don't try to convince people that the reasons for it are what you want them to be rather than what they really are. This was never going to be released with any kind of free update or huge discount - we made that clear well over a year ago when we started posting updates about P3D. We also made it clear that we were not viewing P3D as a platform that normal entertainment license FSX simmers should go out and "switch" to. That's not the purpose of the platform at all by LM's own account.

Also - it's been only a few weeks and everyone seems to have forgotten that we gave you a free update for FSX:SE compatibility (which is honestly what most of you here should probably be using rather than P3D), eliminated extended download service at substantial cost to us, announced that we were going to update the NGX again for free with features like weather radar, spent months reprogramming the OC and our installers to support multiple platforms at cost to us, rewrote and updated the manuals for the different platforms and so on. But yet here we are again with people claiming we don't value our customers and only care about extracting money from you for nefarious reasons. Can you understand how that looks to us as we're actually doing the work to make this all happen for you?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

As a not so "loud" voice in this community who happens to disagree with the pricing model here, I'll just say "no thanks."

Capitalism.

I'm sure she's nice to fly in P3D, though.

Also - it's been only a few weeks and everyone seems to have forgotten that we gave you a free update for FSX:SE compatibility (which is honestly what most of you here should probably be using rather than P3D)

Most developers call this remaining relevant. Hell, it would even broaden your customer base. You'd actually consider charging for that? Seriously questioning your integrity on that statement.