Sign in to follow this  
ctvredvirus

Don´t get pass the security warnings on FSXSE

I have removed the 777, downloaded the newest installer from PMDG, run it as admin, checked both fsx and fsx SE, FSXSE and Steam are on a separate drive. 

Installed restarted, Tried the initial activation on both FSX and FSXSE, running it Steam as admin as I can not run FSXSE as admin, in FSX it works perfect every time, In fsx SE I can´t pass the security warnings:

The publisher could not be verified, are you sure you want to run this software and when I click run the other one appears, would you like to designate this module etc, I click yes and I get right back to the other one and I can do this forever, nothing happens even If I choose no.

I'm trying to get support from PMDG but so far they said It looks like you have security issues and asked if I run it as admin.

I run everything as admin except FSXSE because there is no option I can only run Steam as admin which I do.

Right click the blue FSX-SE logo, go to properties and then click the Compatibility tab and you have run as admin right there. It works on my FSX-SE

ZORAN

Right click the blue FSX-SE logo, go to properties and then click the Compatibility tab and you have run as admin right there. It works on my FSX-SE

I cant do that on FSX SE, only on MSFSX

What do you see when you click compatibility tab?

ZORAN

Nameless,

Couple items for you:  First- please go to your account and create a signature.  We require all posters to sign their real name to posts here...  We normally just eliminate any post that is unsigned...  I'm going to give you a one-time pass because I'd like to see you get up and running....

Okay:  Reading your post it isn't clear which security you cannot get to work?  Are you getting a message from FSX:SE?  Or are you getting a message from the PMDG 777 for FSX/FSX-SE?

If the message is from PMDG- try running and activating the 777 in FSX.  The activation will cover both FSX and FSXSE- it does not matter that they are on separate drives... (If they are on networked drives on two different physical machines- it might be an issue- but I can't imagine you would do that!)

Give me more info and exactly what you are seeing (post an image too- always helps) and we'll see if we can't get you running..

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

What do you see when you click compatibility tab?

on FSX SE there is only ---General---Web Document---Security----Details----Acronis recovery----Previous versions

On fsx right klick prop there is: all the above + Shortcut, Comaptibility but NOT on FSX SE

Nameless,

Couple items for you:  First- please go to your account and create a signature.  We require all posters to sign their real name to posts here...  We normally just eliminate any post that is unsigned...  I'm going to give you a one-time pass because I'd like to see you get up and running....

Okay:  Reading your post it isn't clear which security you cannot get to work?  Are you getting a message from FSX:SE?  Or are you getting a message from the PMDG 777 for FSX/FSX-SE?

If the message is from PMDG- try running and activating the 777 in FSX.  The activation will cover both FSX and FSXSE- it does not matter that they are on separate drives... (If they are on networked drives on two different physical machines- it might be an issue- but I can't imagine you would do that!)

Give me more info and exactly what you are seeing (post an image too- always helps) and we'll see if we can't get you running..

OK I created a signature.. I was like that for more than 2 years , you where the only one to react, but its fixed now.

The message is from FSX SE, in the post I wrote that I got it activated and its running perfect under MSFSX

And I have no idea how to upload pics to this forum... since is only URL

I think Mihai means the Trusted DLL warnings that come up when you launch FSX after installing the 777? If that is the case I would delete your FSX SE fsx.cfg and try again.

I think Mihai means the Trusted DLL warnings that come up when you launch FSX after installing the 777? If that is the case I would delete your FSX SE fsx.cfg and try again.

Japp those are the ones :)  ill try that ... you dont hapen to know the patch to the fsx SE config? thanks!

Mihai-

Since you have both FSX and FSX-SE installed, you will find your FSX-SE.CFG in the following location:

c:\Users\<your user account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

You may need to make "hidden files/paths visible" in your operating system.  I don't know which one you use, but you can google it easily enough....

Just try "make hidden files/paths visible in windows <your windows version>"

Hope that gets you squared away!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

There is confusion with some installs of FSX-SE since they may not provide a regular icon (".lnk" file) like other desktop program starting icons. However, in Explorer we can go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX" and on fsx.exe, right click and drag it to the desktop then choose "Create Shortcut here" from the popup menu, this creates a standard icon, just like the original FSX, and apply admin requirements etc. However, the fsx.exe that comes with FSX-SE (v62608) has an application manifest that instructs Windows to ask for Admin permissions and so we get the UAC popup anyway before we can start FSX-SE. Although we need admin permissions to install programs and make some changes, in general it's not a good idea to run apps as Admin, we can be wide open to infection from virus and malware, instead we should set the proper permissions to the resources the app requires. In many cases, FSX-SE users have edited out the "requireAdministrator" in the .exe and replaced with "asInvoker" to remove the requirement.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

There is confusion with some installs of FSX-SE since they may not provide a regular icon (".lnk" file) like other desktop program starting icons. However, in Explorer we can go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX" and on fsx.exe, right click and drag it to the desktop then choose "Create Shortcut here" from the popup menu, this creates a standard icon, just like the original FSX, and apply admin requirements etc. However, the fsx.exe that comes with FSX-SE (v62608) has an application manifest that instructs Windows to ask for Admin permissions and so we get the UAC popup anyway before we can start FSX-SE. Although we need admin permissions to install programs and make some changes, in general it's not a good idea to run apps as Admin, we can be wide open to infection from virus and malware, instead we should set the proper permissions to the resources the app requires. In many cases, FSX-SE users have edited out the "requireAdministrator" in the .exe and replaced with "asInvoker" to remove the requirement.

Thanks for the answer I tried it, but still no go, I start it as admin but still the same thing happens, do you think This is on PMDG part or DG games to support ? 

If you have the dual install of FSX/FSX-SE, it could be the path to the fsx.cfg in FSX-SE ("C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE") is confusing the applet that gives permission. Have a look at the FSX cfg in "C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" to see if the [Trusted] section is being updated there.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

If you have the dual install of FSX/FSX-SE, it could be the path to the fsx.cfg in FSX-SE ("C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE") is confusing the applet that gives permission. Have a look at the FSX cfg in "C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" to see if the [Trusted] section is being updated there.

Im sure Im in the right drive becasue my steam install is on other drive, so Im on F: Steam apps common fsx.exe is FSXSEConfig.exe