Sign in to follow this  
ctvredvirus

Don´t get pass the security warnings on FSXSE

Drive shouldn't matter. Is the problem with your fsx.cfg [Trusted], or running a .dll?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Nameless,

Robert, he did have his name published in his post, Mihai Blaga. What more is needed?

Im sure Im in the right drive becasue my steam install is on other drive, so Im on F: Steam apps common fsx.exe is FSXSEConfig.exe

Mihal

I run both FSX-MS and FSX-SE side by side. Like you, my Steam installation, meaning FSX-SE, is on a separate drive but that fsx-cfg that SteveW and Robert are referring to, are located in the C:\Users\<you(meaning your computer's name)>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

Look in there.

If you have the dual install of FSX/FSX-SE, it could be the path to the fsx.cfg in FSX-SE ("C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE") is confusing the applet that gives permission. Have a look at the FSX cfg in "C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" to see if the [Trusted] section is being updated there.

What exactly shall i look for in MSFSX and what should i change in FSXSE  ?

is it this ?   this is from SE

this is my fsxSE config

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693749248
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693749248
[sOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
ProcSpeed=8762
PerfBucket=7
[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=2
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.0]
Mode=1024x768x32
[AccelerationPack]
ControlsFirstRun=0
HomePageFirstRun=0
[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
[slewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
[slewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
[Trusted]
PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll.hbluilaqihtzebuhlbzkbkleniqhuieeebttbrwh=1
RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.rurulhhnkahzokwckbhuucahzwehhzcabrwqetuw=1
f:\===steam===\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL.wqzbkkwloiaqwiuwquklbuhlaoorhzikzrrtoqrt=2
f:\===steam===\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL.wqzbkkwloiaqwiuwquklbuhlaoorhzikzrrtoqrt=2
f:\===steam===\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL.wqzbkkwloiaqwiuwquklbuhlaoorhzikzrrtoqrt=-2
f:\===steam===\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL.wqzbkkwloiaqwiuwquklbuhlaoorhzikzrrtoqrt=-2
[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000
[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=1
[uSERINTERFACE]
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=PMDG
SelectAircraftType=All

I remembered I had this thing before with the MSFSX exe and It was because I had it outside the x86 folder, I have now installed it onto steam x86 folder and it works! I don't understand how everybody get it to work outside the x86 folder.

I have had numerous laptops and desktops and the same story every time.

Thanks anyways for everybody's time :)

Robert, he did have his name published in his post, Mihai Blaga. What more is needed?

Rick-

When I asked Mihai to add a signature, he did so- and thus it appears in all of his posts.

My original reply was before the signature was added.  Don't let it confuse you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rick-

When I asked Mihai to add a signature, he did so- and thus it appears in all of his posts.

My original reply was before the signature was added.  Don't let it confuse you.

Robert

Aha, that explains it. I was under the impression when I first glimpsed his first post, and I saw his name underneath, that he already had his name displayed from the very first outset.

I now comprehend, that after you had asked him, all posts, irrespective of the first or the last, retrospectively get that 'asked for' name displayed.

In that case, my bad.

All those entries for same module could be due to you not running the application with administrator rights, and putting it in the Programs(x86) section then allows UAC to cover you, which may be the best solution for you.  Happy contrails.

Dan Downs KCRP

I run everything fsx related as admin, my UAC i allways off... I can not install fsx or planes to other drive because that is when i get the security issue. As soon as I install them within the x86 folder they start working, this is what hapened here.

I had Steam install to another drive.. my fsx is installed in x86 folder.. I tried other drive before but that gave me the same problem with planes not running

Put it back into x86 folder and it worked!

I do not know why I cant be on other drive.fsx will work but no addon planes will start due to not passing the security warnings.

To clarify.

1: MSFSX installed outside x86 folder works, installing PMDG or other extra airplanes cant pass security warning.

Install FSX back into x86 fasx again works and now all other extra aircraft works also.

2:FSXSE Installed outside x86 works, installing PMDG or other extra airplanes cant pass security warning.

Install FSXSE in x86 Folder FSXSE works and all other extra aircraft.

I always run UAC OFF, It is always off directly after installing windows.

I run everything releated to FSX or FSX SE as admin

I Install everything releated to FSX or SE as admin and antivirus OFF

But I have never managed to run PMDG 737 or 777 if The FSX installation is outside the x86 folder.

I do not understand why, if anybody have any imput I will be happy, I would also install the MSFSX outside.

Right now I just have to stick to x86 folder if I want to simulate something :(

I always run UAC OFF, It is always off directly after installing windows.

I run everything releated to FSX or FSX SE as admin

Right now I just have to stick to x86 folder if I want to simulate something :(

Misunderstanding Windows permissions and file security often leads to weird problems. I would install Windows, make myself a regular User, Install FSX in the default folder, and add Write and Modify permissions to the FSX Program Files folder Users group. Only then would I install my PMDGs or anything else that uses the FSX program files folder. I never see any issues whatsoever, and never ever have to muck around with UAC this, and Admin that. Installers normally jump to Admin mode automatically, for the few that don't, we have to right-click and choose run as admin. Furthermore, FSX-SE standard install has the Write and Modify permissions already added to the Users group.

...when you move FSX outside of x86 make sure the registry has the proper location stored in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0\SetupPath

and for FSX-SE:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX\exe_path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX\install_path

What is the difference between being admin or regular ? admin should already have all permissions? 

And you are saying that its ok to install under x86 (default folder)

Pmdg and ex many other addons makers dont recommend the x86 folder ? 

You say that FSXSE has all the rights allready, so Why did my PMDG planes did not work? 

...when you move FSX outside of x86 make sure the registry has the proper location stored in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0\SetupPath
and for FSX-SE:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX\exe_path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX\install_path

I will look it up 

1/ What is the difference between being admin or regular ? admin should already have all permissions? 

2/ And you are saying that its ok to install under x86 (default folder)

3/ Pmdg and ex many other addons makers dont recommend the x86 folder ? 

4/ You say that FSXSE has all the rights allready, so Why did my PMDG planes did not work?

1/ No.

2/ Yes, if the Users group is given the proper permissions, before installing any addons that during normal use, have files changing, under that location.

3/ It's one way of avoiding the fact that the Program Files folder is read only, and that the addon wants to update files in there at any time.

4/ You assume it's a permissions issue? What progress have you made identifying the source of this problem?

1/ No.

2/ Yes, if the Users group is given the proper permissions, before installing any addons that during normal use, have files changing, under that location.

3/ It's one way of avoiding the fact that the Program Files folder is read only, and that the addon wants to update files in there at any time.

4/ You assume it's a permissions issue? What progress have you made identifying the source of this problem?

4:  I installed it under x86 folder and it worked, otherwise it keep teliing me that pmgd 777x.dll is a security issue and I cant pass that, it keeps repeating the same warning after i press ok, That hapens on first install under x86 folder also to but goes away after i press yes.

Progress I dont know other than it works under the x86 folder but not outside this is with one user, admin, and UAC off

Well I'm not knocking the custom location, but it's no bad thing installed there. A good point made that we get less trouble with default installs. However, it should work fine installed elsewhere.