Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer007

How much would you pay for a PMDG 737 NGX upGRADE?

We're paying for an aircraft that will be continually developed.

In a *new* platform that will be developed.

It isn't unreasonable to expect people to pay for something, especially if your spending a lot of time and resources on said development. It's not like you're getting some slapped together piece of garbage for your money. You're getting a high quality, high fidelity, manufacturer *endorsed* complex aircraft with associated flight manuals, from the aircraft manufacturer...

Therefore, I'm very prepared to pay what ever PMDG ask, because I know that their product will always be of the highest quality. No other sim developer can catchup with them, let alone maintain pace with them.

I challenge the whiners to find another 777 or 737 that comes with all that a pmdg aircraft does.

You won't... So stop your complaining.... pay these people to keep up their good work, or don't. Go and buy some other crappily made add on that is more within your budget... And learn to fly it without real world flight manuals. No point having a complex aircraft that behaves like the real one if you don't know how to operate it, like the real one.

Brian Nellis.

Brian Nellis

What would you like to see? 

I'd like to see, and gladly pay for, the cockpit geometry fixed but that's apparently never going to happen due to their HGS VC implementation, which I personally don't even use.

And a tip for the wannabe moderators, there's nothing stopping you starting your own flight sim forum. Then you'd be the overall administrator?!!!! Wow think of the powers you'd have!!! You can moderate the moderators!

Yeah- this forum has definitely a handful of those, they can't get enough

How has a simple "what would you like to see" turned into a debate about whether people agree with PMDG's pricing policy or not. Seriously, go do something different with your lives and stop ruining threads for no good reason!

It is hysterical how threads here become derailed over policy by people not representing PMDG. The OP asked a good question.

Richie Walsh

We've been knocking those posts out as we see them.
I didn't know you worked for PMDG and were moderating, my apologies.

In case anyone was wondering RE pricing policy, Robert actually freely discusses it here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

And has not yet shut down that thread due to the discussion contained therein.

Well the updates are due out in a few weeks. Weather radar etc

Vernon Howells

I´m sure you all love the 737NGX as much as I do!

To quote Skysurfer007 (his videos), "I love it!"  Great to see your ongoing interest in PMDGs NGX.

Many thanks for your wonderful and informative videos <- unequalled, in a class of its own!! Hope to see new ones soon.....

I do also hope PMDG take notice of all his suggestions including adding 'Custom waypoints' <- definitely would be the go. 

Gary Peel

Thanks for the good inputs! I did´t know s.th seems not correct with the cockpit geometry..

As I don´t have the time to read every single post on this forum, I haven´t read about a announcement of a intermediate SP before SP2.. just all the posts of RR stating all sorts of awesome projects but the upgrade of the 737 rather in far future..

I am just interested how big the interest in a continued development of the 737 is - as I still fly and like it most.. And maybe to show, that it could definitely be another interesting business case to accelerate the ongoing development on the NGX. 

Cheers,

Berni

Thanks for the good inputs! I did´t know s.th seems not correct with the cockpit geometry..

As I don´t have the time to read every single post on this forum, I haven´t read about a announcement of a intermediate SP before SP2.. just all the posts of RR stating all sorts of awesome projects but the upgrade of the 737 rather in far future..

I am just interested how big the interest in a continued development of the 737 is - as I still fly and like it most.. And maybe to show, that it could definitely be another interesting business case to accelerate the ongoing development on the NGX. 

Cheers,

Berni

PMDG are planning on releasing the NGX for P3D, which means it will be supported for a few years to come yet and get constant improvement as P3D grows. Some of these improvements will make it to the FSX versions providing they are compatible. So I think it's fairly safe to say we'll keep seeing new features 

If people want to dismiss or delete Berni's completely harmless question and post, purely because of a policy, that really would be their loss.

The guy flies real NG's day in and day out, so I think his views on upgrade features are pretty valuable personally.

It's not a post about pricing - it's a post about upgrade features.

Have you submitted your application to PMDG to become a moderator? :P

Well if he didn't want the thread to be about pricing why did he put "how much would you pay" in the thread title?

Secondly there are already numerous wish list threads around on the forum about NGX upgrades, SP2 etc. Why start another one?

Anyone can remind anyone else of the rules. Look at the number of times some forum members remind others about signing their posts for example.

Really? Since when?

Its in the forum Ts and Cs we all agree to as members.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Well if he didn't want the thread to be about pricing why did he put "how much would you pay" in the thread title?

Secondly there are already numerous wish list threads around on the forum about NGX upgrades, SP2 etc. Why start another one?

Anyone can remind anyone else of the rules. Look at the number of times some forum members remind others about signing their posts for example.

https://www.proboards.com/ Heard this place is pretty good for becoming the admin of your own forum.

Strange that isn't  it just like  signing your names  as well as per the rules , users just like to break them or simply ignore them.  Anyway  if they continue   to ignore them their posts will be deleted as per  in the other thread  about  pricing

pete_auau, on 09 Feb 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

We've been knocking those posts out as we see them.

I didn't know you worked for PMDG and were moderating, my apologies

If you would have read my post you would have noticed  that I said this was quoted from Kyles post, so I guess you were right in one way that he does work for pmdg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

https://www.proboards.com/ Heard this place is pretty good for becoming the admin of your own forum.

I'm suggesting following the rules of this forum, not writing new ones of my own. I can recommend a good optician if you have trouble reading my posts properly.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'm suggesting following the rules of this forum, not writing new ones of my own. I can recommend a good optician if you have trouble reading my posts properly.

I never said you were writing your own rules. I did say you were playing moderator on a forum which you are most certainly not a moderator. Hence my link. I said if you want to be a moderator, go make your own :).