Sign in to follow this  
tesler8

Syncing AP altitude select with Saitek Multi Panel

I have the Saitek Multi Panel MCP and all the funtioncs except for ALT select are working. I can change VS,HDG,CRS but I cannot change AP altitude selection.. this is really wierd. When I am trying to change the altitude assignment it changes but it wont chance anything inside FSX. When I engage ALT SEL mode, I can see my selected altitude on the Multi Panel, but again, I cant change it through it.....

That's weird, because I too have the Multi Panel, and it works with no problem with all of their aircrafts, that's why I don't prefer deeper navigation systems because all my Saitek setup will not work, since they use default FSX navigation system, and for me is enough, I prefer to manage the cockpit through all my Saitek setup, rather than just move a simple mouse around the VC...but that's just me...

Are you using the AP directly from the multi panel?, I'm mean, if you're not touching anything of the AP from the VC?, because then I guess It may interfere...it should work with no problem...if it doesn't work, check your Saitek drivers, reinstall them or reinstall the whole aircraft...I use SPAD drivers instead, since they're much more stable than original saitek drivers and you can create different profiles, if you want, you can try it also...

Carenado uses a custom L-variable for the target altitude, and it does not get transferred to the autopilot until you push ALT SEL.

Code:

(L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, feet) (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH)

You would have to modify the code, so that the K-variable which is the FSX default, keeps the L-variable updated.

Bert

That's even more weird, I have not did that and it works...

So, Bert, the code you wrote here is modified? Do I have to put it somewhere to make it work?

No, this is code from the gauge.. not sure if I can make it work, but am willing to try.

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like to test something.

Bert

Hi, did someone manage to activate ALT SEL with a simmconnect or lvar command ?

kind regards

Oliver