Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

"Waiting for you" on ticket without a reply from PMDG

Hi,

I submitted a ticket and have been waiting for days for a reply by PMDG. Suddenly I found a red "1" on the Alerts box and, inside the ticked, a "Waiting for you" message, as if they had replied and it was my turn, but indeed no one from PMDG replied!

I wrote something anyway and, after a few days, again I find "Waiting for you". Why does that happen??

Thanks.

James Goggi

Why does that happen??

I don't see a ticket in the system with your name on it at all actually. Do you have a ticket number?

Kyle Rodgers

James-

Kyle is looking into it- but I am betting you aren't seeing our reply for some reason...

We will get you sorted out.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Still no changes, I can't see PMDG replies  :(

James Goggi

Still no changes, I can't see PMDG replies  :(

The thread in our system shows that Ryan has been going back and forth with you on this issue. You have been responding to his questions, though, so I'm not quite sure what you mean about not seeing replies, unless you've been expecting responses more recently.

Keep in mind that bug reports, while important, also need to be placed in an order of priority amongst all of the other tickets that are more pressing (like users not being able to use the aircraft at all).

Ryan has pinned the ticket in his own storage queue and I'm sure he'll address it as he has the time (and the team works to address it).

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, this is the sequence:

- Me writing the first message

- Ryan replying

- Me again

- Ryan replying: "Thanks, I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce this."

- After that I thanked him and after some days I asked if he had found out anything --> "Waiting for employee"

- After a few more days the "Waiting for employee" turned into "Waiting for you", but nothing had been written by Ryan.

- I wrote something else -->  "Waiting for employee"

- After a few days again the "Waiting for employee" turned into "Waiting for you", but again nothing had been written by Ryan. I wrote something more --> "Waiting for employee", turning againg to "Waiting for you" after some days.

At present there are 4 messages in a row written by me and not replied by PMDG and the yellow message "Waiting for you".

James Goggi

HI, 

Not trying to hijack this thread but I'm having the same issue. I was doing some back and fourth with Ryan and I replied to one of his questions on January 16th 2015, I waited for a reply which never came so on January 24th I wrote another reply saying "Hello?" Still no reply back from that so on January 28th I sent another reply, "Hello again? Anyone?"  I never did get a reply back from anyone and now for the past few days its change to "Waiting for you" but I'm not showing a reply from anyone. 

Thanks,

At present there are 4 messages in a row written by me and not replied by PMDG and the yellow message "Waiting for you".

Not trying to hijack this thread but I'm having the same issue. I was doing some back and fourth with Ryan and I replied to one of his questions on January 16th 2015, I waited for a reply which never came so on January 24th I wrote another reply saying "Hello?" Still no reply back from that so on January 28th I sent another reply, "Hello again? Anyone?"  I never did get a reply back from anyone and now for the past few days its change to "Waiting for you" but I'm not showing a reply from anyone. 

As I mentioned earlier:

Keep in mind that bug reports, while important, also need to be placed in an order of priority amongst all of the other tickets that are more pressing (like users not being able to use the aircraft at all).

Our bug tracker and support system are separate entities, and managed separately.

Multiple emails, particularly ones with no added value are just distractions from our ability to work other issues. This isn't something we can just check a few boxes in the background and have working the next day (perhaps when the OC is fully in effect and we can release micro-updates, but not right now). This requires some code work, along with any of the other items we have to chase down. All of these are prioritized. While we appreciate bug reports, it's best to submit it, let it go, and not keep it as a pet bug. Let us know. We'll handle it from there.

If you have additional information to help us track it down, by all means, pass it along, but we really don't have the bandwidth (mentally and task-wise), to keep everyone updated on potential bugs they've passed along.

Kyle Rodgers

Since this seems to be an issue with replies not appearing, could it be down to the web browser you are using? Just a stab in the dark really...

Mine is a support issue, not bug.

As I mentioned earlier:

Kyle, I don't mean to complain because the bug I reported hasn't been fixed right away, I just wanted to know why I see the notice "Waiting for you" while I was the last to write (4 messages in a row) and I feared that, as Robert said, there were some problems in seeing your replies for some reason... Could you confirm that there were NO REPLIES from PMDG among my last 4 messages in the ticket? If so, why "Waiting for you" and not "Waiting for PMDG employee"?

Thank you.

James Goggi

Mine is a support issue, not bug.

This is why it's generally considered poor practice to tack issues into other posts unless they're the exact same. I found it. I'll respond there.

Could you confirm that there were NO REPLIES from PMDG among my last 4 messages in the ticket?

There have been no replies.

If so, why "Waiting for you" and not "Waiting for PMDG employee"?

No idea. I didn't write the software we use to track our tickets. It must just be an oddity with the system.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle. Made that clear, I hope PMDG will now consider that bug and fix it  :wink:

James Goggi