Sign in to follow this  
FloRyan

PMDG 777 + P3D = No Activation?

Hey there,

I just purchased the new P3D 777 and tried to install it. But there was now window asking me for my

activation code / license - the installation continued and got no errors.

After starting P3D I can choose the Triple 7 but the cockpit is dark, landing gear is missing and no buttons

can be pressed (seems like a problem with the registration and activation).

I did a complete and clean new install of P3D v2.4 with no other addons before starting to install the 777

(because i switched from FSX which got uninstalled completely before).

Any ideas what is going wrong? Win 7 64bit is running in admin mode and anti virus software is turned off

for the installation... :(

IS this PMDG 777 or CS 777? If it is PMDG 777, its only for FSX...Its not for P3D.

But PMDG is about to publish a version for P3D sometime during this quarter.

NEVERMIND: I see PMDG has put out the P3D version of 777.

So let me go get it.. HA HA :P

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

IS this PMDG 777 or CS 777? If it is PMDG 777, its only for FSX...Its not for P3D.

But PMDG is about to publish a version for P3D sometime during this quarter.

Yeah, the PMDG T7 for P3D was released yesterday, and I have the same Activation issue as FloRyan

Same issue, all black gauges and cannot press any buttons in cockpit, move throttle, etc. No activation window. On Windows 8.1 x64. P3D is outside of Program Files directory. Opened a ticked with PMDG, will see what they say.

Michael Shamash

FlightSim Solutions GP

When you first install it to P3D, it will ask you for an activation key and it needs an active Internet connection to verify. If you do not furnish that key which is in your PMDG account, then I'm afraid it is no-go-------you will get those inevitable black screens, no gauges, etc, the full gamut that always follows licensing issue.

I bought it very late last night, and have installed it today to P3D without a hitch.

N.B. It is NOT the activation key you got with your FSX 777 purchases.

The problem happened to me although I was presented with the activation window and entered successfully my product key... Still black screens, no switch usable a drink blocked yoke. This is with win 8.1 64 and p3d outside program Files.

Anthony

Edit :

Problem solved, reinstalled making sure I run the installer as administrator...

Anthony

WIN 11 - MSFS 2020 - X-plane 12

i7 13700KF - ZOTAC OC - RTX 4080 - 4K

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Did you use the license associated with the new order? This isn't the same license as the FSX 777.

Submit at ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com. If I don't get to it, someone else on the team will.

Kyle Rodgers

I got my new license keys but there was no window on the installer to put them in!

I already installed nearly every PMDG airplane on FSX and I know how it should look like on the installer.

For the first time this page with my license info is just completely missing.

Problem solved.

Uninstalled everything from PMDG including Operations Center by hand.

Reinstalled the 777 in P3D and finally, an activation key window!

Problem solved.
Uninstalled everything from PMDG including Operations Center by hand.
Reinstalled the 777 in P3D and finally, an activation key window!

Glad that worked. Enjoy it.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm trying to follow your example here..
Is there a better way to uninstall the OC rather than just deleting it's folder?

I have the same issue as well no landing gear, gauges not there , no knob control, yoke at 90 degrees. Downloaded last night. no activation windows. tried reinstalling as adminstartor same. Do i need to delete all entries manually after uninstall completed.

Uninstalling and reinstalling hasn't helped for me.

The first time the installer ran, it offered an activation option (which didn't then ask for any keys), but the second time I ran the installer this didn't appear.

Guys - had the same problem and I went back to my old school thinking of installing SimConnect.

Main P3D folder > redist > Interface > FSX-SP2-XPACK > retail > lib > then install SimConnect

Only when I did that was I prompted to enter my license key upon opening P3D. Had to do this with other aircraft so I had a hunch that was the case here although I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the install guide or manual...

Guys - had the same problem and I went back to my old school thinking of installing SimConnect.

Main P3D folder > redist > Interface > FSX-SP2-XPACK > retail > lib > then install SimConnect

Only when I did that was I prompted to enter my license key upon opening P3D. Had to do this with other aircraft so I had a hunch that was the case here although I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the install guide or manual...

Perfect - that fixed it for me!

Thanks,

Rich