Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08FEB15] FSX:SE for PMDG 737NGX, J41, etc... also: DVD customer updates

Captains-

This afternoon I have a couple of news items for customers who are using FSX:SE... 

PMDG 737-8900NGX Base Package and PMDG 737-600/700NGX Expansion:

We are **just about** wrapped up with a pretty significant update to the NGX for both FSX and FSX:SE.

This is a free update for all registered users, and it will add a huge amount of fixes, updates, optimizations and new features to the entire NGX product line.  (Weather radar!)

In addition, it will make the NGX compatible with both FSX and FSX:SE using the same technique we used for the 777 product line- in that you will get a new installer that will allow you to install to either FSX, FSX:SE or both at the same time if you wish.

I **think** we are very close to release on this...  But it will depend upon our beta team giving us the sign off that they are happy with it and we have stomped out some of the items we naturally introduced by doing the work....

PMDG BAe JS4100

For those awaiting FSX:SE compatibility for the JetStream 41, this will be the next product in line for compatibility work.  We have made no effort to evaluate it yet, so I am unable to give you a time estimate on how long or how short this conversion might be...  Hopefully not long....

Other Legacy (including MD11) Products:

We have not yet evaluated any of our legacy products to determine their suitability for FSX:SE compatibility update.  We will do so once the NGX and J41 are safely out the door- and we will update you as to our progress as we go!

FSX:SE Solution In the Works for DVD Customers:

Short version Repeat:  We are working on something for you...  It is going to take time.  Thanks for being patient.

We are working with Aerosoft, our DVD publication partner on a possible solution for customers who are DVD users who may want to take advantage of FSX:SE.  The program is not a sure-thing as yet- and it's implementation is not guaranteed.  Unfortunately DVDs not a channel that loans itself to simplicity of upgrade, and as such this could take some time to implement, as we want to implement all of the FSX:SE compatibility changes before we start making promises to assist DVD users....

Your patience is appreciated, and to be candid it may be another 4-8 weeks before we can coordinate the plan being explored in partnership with Aerosoft....  Until then there isn't anything we can do to help you- but we are working on it.

Please don't flood Aerosoft with requests, as the front-line support people at Aerosoft cannot help you yet either- as the plans are still being laid at higher levels....

Short version Repeat:  We are working on something for you...  It is going to take time.  Thanks for being patient.

Okay I think that covers the FSX:SE update news for today...  I'll let you know how things are progressing as we keep moving forward!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you Rob, will you release a Log of the changes before release or after?

Thank you

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Rob, thanks for the update! Presuming you work with the guys at HiFi, but should we be expecting any issues with the upcoming SP2 of ActiveSky Next or should this SE-compatible NGX just work right off the bat? Can't wait to get back into the NGX (and ASN to be used. Clear weather is so boring!)

Somebody, please PINCH me, or has Santa just delivered Christmas prezzies a tad early(for 2015)?

Muchos Gracias Senor Roberto!

If nobody is very happy with this piece of cracking news......and there's something here for everyone, from Legacy to latest.....................................then......there's no hope.

I don't know if it would work but; could CD/DVD users open a pmdg support ticket, with the registration key inside the dvd box for an installer link to download?

Thanks for working on it!

I don't know if it would work but; could CD/DVD users open a pmdg support ticket, with the registration key inside the dvd box for an installer link to download?

Thanks for working on it!

Why would you do that? I doubt, that the serial for the boxed-version, can be used with the download-version... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Very nice!

The updates for the NGX sound mouth watering and for free as well! Thank you very much for the continued support of that product and your customers.

It's much appreciated.

Great news, I want to make my first flight with NGX and W/X in Steam Edition. Nice!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Your patience is appreciated, and to be candid it may be another 4-8 weeks before we can coordinate the plan being explored in partnership with Aerosoft....  Until then there isn't anything we can do to help you- but we are working on it.

Huzzah that you are working on it, and Ugh that it might take two months. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

- Bill Magann

YESSS..... Thank you PMDG....!!! I´m so happy that our 737NGX gets a new update soon... I heard that the new NG´s are equiped with new engines. Will we get these new engines with the new update? And what about the ER´s? 

Bill-

Sorry....

If we can pull it off faster we will- but there are some moving parts and we have to get it all correct the first time.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Will the fix that enables the cockpit shadows of the NGX in P3D be included in the FSX update as well?

I would love to use the NGX in combination with the DX10 fixer. As far as I know, only the material setting of the white box needs to be changes but I could be wrong...

Henk de Vries

Thank you for the update.

Can DVD users(fsx only) choose between a seperate FSX only service pack with the weather radar. Or is the service pack combined with the Steam edition update and the weather radar feature.

So DVD users have to wait 4-8 weeks extra for the FSX weather radar update? Even if they don't want to use it on the Steam edition?