Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[08FEB15] FSX:SE for PMDG 737NGX, J41, etc... also: DVD customer updates

Great News. Thank you PMDG,

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Wonderful news about the NGX...

About the MD11, I'd like to see that astonishing Tri jet updated and for P3D...

Wonderful news about the NGX...

About the MD11, I'd like to see that astonishing Tri jet updated and for P3D...

Teo-

You should know that PMDG said it many times that the MD-11 won't be released for P3D. It is a Legacy product. Only an update will come it, to make it FSX Steam Edition compatible.

Teo-

You should know that PMDG said it many times that the MD-11 won't be released for P3D. It is a Legacy product. Only an update will come it, to make it FSX Steam Edition compatible.

Thank heavens somebody has had enough of these ' When will we.........MD-11' repeated questions, when time after time, PMDG had made it pretty clear, as far as they are concerned, the MD-11 is a dead duck to them( and I own their MD-11, so would be the first to welcome anything falling off the PMDG table, but accept it will remain, just that, a Legacy Product).

Let's instead welcome the FSX-SE compatibility they have hinted at.

Hi all.

I've recently converted to fsx-se and installed the JS4100 aerosoft dvd version. The only alterations I had to make were:

Install the 3 simconnect programs as suggested in a previous post

Install the glass gauge font, this rectified a blank fms

Change null setting to 0 on quad levers to give 100% prop.

I've tested with 2-3 hour sessions and have no problems apart from one. I'm unable to select ias on the autopilot during climb, it just knocks alt sel off.

Reason for the change to steam was due to too many ctd's and instability.

Looking forward to an update for the dvd.

WOW THANKS!!!!! this worked for me too. same problem with the IAS button though. no oyher problems found yet. you should post this in the js41 section. thanks again

Thank heavens somebody has had enough of these ' When will we.........MD-11' repeated questions, when time after time, PMDG had made it pretty clear, as far as they are concerned, the MD-11 is a dead duck to them( and I own their MD-11, so would be the first to welcome anything falling off the PMDG table, but accept it will remain, just that, a Legacy Product).

Let's instead welcome the FSX-SE compatibility they have hinted at.

Maybe they could reconsider that in the future... I think it would be a waste of a unique simulation, because only PMDG made a complete MD-11...

WOW THANKS!!!!! this worked for me too. same problem with the IAS button though. no oyher problems found yet. you should post this in the js41 section. thanks again

you're welcome.

if i find a solution to the ias i'll let you know

Will the fix that enables the cockpit shadows of the NGX in P3D be included in the FSX update as well?

I would love to use the NGX in combination with the DX10 fixer. As far as I know, only the material setting of the white box needs to be changes but I could be wrong...

Was wondering the same thing...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Guys,

FSX and P3D are entirely separate products. Graphics are rendered differently. P3D is DX11. FSX is supposed to be DX9, though it's possible to jump into an incomplete version of DX10.

Moreover, you can change settings on your graphics card for FSX. This cannot be done with how P3D implements things - the settings in the program are all you can change.

Two different beasts.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I appreciate the answer, but it doesn't contain an answer regarding the actual question.

Will the fix that is responsible for the working shadows in the P3D version also be applied to the FSX version in the upcoming SP1d?

I agree that both render engines are wildly different, that that doesn't impact the shadow flags of the white box model...

Henk de Vries

I appreciate the answer, but it doesn't contain an answer regarding the actual question.

It really does, though. They're separate products. It's not a "fix." It's a completely different graphics engine that allows shadowing.

I agree that both render engines are wildly different, that that doesn't impact the shadow flags of the white box model...

It does - else we wouldn't have done it the way it's done in FSX versus P3D.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Please correct me if I'm wrong:

- The NGX has a white box around the entire, which is required to make the HGS work (based on several low-level 'hacks' of the FSX graphics engine & the fact that the shadows work on the JS41 & 777 which lack the HGS).

- The material settings on this white box are set to cast a shadow, resulting in a shadow being thrown over the geometry inside the box.

- The shadows are correctly calculated for the VC geometry in DX10+Fixer, but the white box surrounding it blocks the 'sunlight', which negates the shadows.

- The material settings of the white box need to be changed to not cast a shadow, which can be done with a material flag in the model. This results in a transparent surface as far as 'light' & shadows go.

I know PMDG doesn't support DX10, but intentionally blocking feature that works flawlessly now with the DX10 Scenery Fixer does not seem fair: especially because the FSX is still targeted towards the entertainment market, while the P3D version is mainly intended for professional or training use.

Also, the 2 graphics engines handle shadows in essentially the same way in order to maintain legacy comparability with shadows surfaces compiled using the FSX SDK. 

The community kindly request PMDG to review this while an update for the NGX is being worked on and changes are being made. Based on my knowledge, the shadowing properties of the box geometry do not change the actual rendering of the material itself on the non-shadow side of things. I also cannot see how the shadowing proprieties impact the hacks required for the HGS, but I could be wrong.

Would it be possible to discuss this with Vin (not supporting DX10 officially, but lifting the shadow limitation)?

Thank you in advance!

Henk de Vries

I know PMDG doesn't support DX10, but intentionally blocking feature that works flawlessly now with the DX10 Scenery Fixer does not seem fair: especially because the FSX is still targeted towards the entertainment market, while the P3D version is mainly intended for professional or training use.

We didn't intentionally block things so that people wouldn't have shadows. That would make no sense. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but there's some reason it was done to make the sim do something we needed it to do.

The community kindly request [...]

Do they? I haven't seen that survey. I don't doubt that many do, but I wouldn't assign yourself as the spokesperson for others without their consent.

Would it be possible to discuss this with Vin (not supporting DX10 officially, but lifting the shadow limitation)?

I'll bring it up, but I make no promises. We don't make a habit of changing things that will break other, more useful things.

Kyle Rodgers

Will the NGX for P3D with added WX come at a cost of more VAS. Is the VAS level of the NGX staying as is or is it moving towards the 777/OOM levels?

I hope the 747v2 VAS will be back down to current NGX levels.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip