Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Near Miss with Skydivers

I am trying to work out why the aircraft ended up where it did. After they jumped out the aircraft dove and nearly hit them. Was the pilot trying to show off??? I think someones got some explaining to do...

The aircraft registration is HS-EFS and this is registered with Thai Sky Adventures Co Ltd

Matthew Kane

I haven't watched the video yet, but from my experience the aircraft usually dive down right after the jumpers exit and they will land before or very close to the time that the jumpers are coming down on the field.

I guess it is done to minimize fuel costs and the time between batches of jumpers.

Will check the video tonight.

A near hit you mean  :wink:

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

A near hit you mean  :wink:

Well technically it was a hit as the aircraft did run into run into the jumpers drogue and bridle with the wing, so technically that is a strike but with no damage.

Matthew Kane

Wow, I doubt I would be able to stand up after touching down if I were the jump instructor! :o

Well technically it was a hit as the aircraft did run into run into the jumpers drogue and bridle with the wing, so technically that is a strike but with no damage.

Lol couldn't watch the video due to bandwidth issues but I stand corrected. That does most certainly sound like a very near miss.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Hi Guy"s

I would have loved to hear/see the conversation between the Jump Instructor and the pilot aferwards.... :ph34r: