Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

I don't mean no direspect

but I have brought shame on your 777. I've been crashing , landing short of the runway, overshooting the runway, over speeding, landing too fast without flaps, forgot landing/navigation lights,  failed to follow ATC instruction, flying under/over restricted FL, damage the landing gear, hit a tree etc...It was all done in the name of learning. Don't worry, I am not planning of flying commercial flight anytime soon.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Sir, keep on learning... that what this is all about :)

I can suggest a book - "Handling the Big Jets" by D P Davies

Have you thought about a motorcycle? ;)

Sir, keep on learning... that what this is all about :)

I can suggest a book - "Handling the Big Jets" by D P Davies

Have you thought about a motorcycle? ;)

LMAO. I am sure many of you did the same mistake I did at the beginning. I am just more upfront about it.

I don't mean no disrespect

but I have brought shame on your 777. I've been crashing , landing short of the runway, overshooting the runway, over speeding, landing too fast without flaps, forgot landing/navigation lights,  failed to follow ATC instruction, flying under/over restricted FL, damage the landing gear, hit a tree etc...It was all done in the name of learning. Don't worry, I am not planning of flying commercial flight anytime soon.

Never mind the dodgy flying Claude, you need to sort out that double negative in the title!!   :lol:

Never mind the dodgy flying Claude, you need to sort out that double negative in the title!!   :lol:

It's an expression. A bad one grammatically but an expression nonetheless.  Also I am french Canadian. I have an excuse (I don't but shhh I am still in denial about my English writing skills)

I can't stop laughing. My sides are hurting. Quite brilliant. Claude and Michael, you should be on the stage.

Alan.

A bad one grammatically but an expression nonetheless.

Rodney Dangerfield?

Dan Downs KCRP

Claude, when I first flew the queen in 2005 - I did a 13 hour group flight, only for it to end in a stall on final into EGLL

That day, Windsor Castle were the proud owners of a life-size 747 sculpture in her Majesty's court yard ;) The Queen even came outside to ask "whaaat the faaaarkin hell was thaaaat?"

I never lived it down with the other pilots in that group flight.

Does anyone else chime with that *crushing* jet upset disappointment on a long haul? "Ah shed! It was all going so well until........ why did that have to happen".

That book is a good read however, and having understood airliner behavior in the real world - it has made me a better sim pilot. I don't crash anymore, that's for sure.

Don't give up!

Rodney Dangerfield?

By far my favorite comedian was Rodney Dangerfield, and here is one of my favorite quotes from him.

" I went to a shrink.  He told me I'm crazy, so I told him I need another opinion.  He said yeah, you're ugly too."

I can seriously relate to Rodney Dangerfield, since I don't get no respect either.

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

7d734b86141682342690498321_700wa_0.gif

Philipp Schwaegerl

It's an expression. A bad one grammatically but an expression nonetheless.  Also I am french Canadian. I have an excuse (I don't but shhh I am still in denial about my English writing skills)

Bonjour Claude!   Don't worry, I was only joking / teasing a little because the use of don't and no (a double negative) means

"I do mean disrespect!"

...which was quite funny!        Cheers.

Bonjour Claude!   Don't worry, I was only joking / teasing a little because the use of don't and no (a double negative) means

"I do mean disrespect!"

...which was quite funny!        Cheers.

. I guess you never watch gangster/mafia movie ? Well. Craig.. it was meant to be an humorous thread.

Recently I was flying into KBOS on VATSIM in bad weather when my Boston Terrier insisted on sitting in my lap. I figured "no problem" weather was marginal anyway so I would autoland. I got down to very short final the AP kicked off and with the dog in my lap I could not reach the controls in time and down she went. I figured out afterward that between the dog and my wife as distractions I did not set the correct altimeter so there you have it. Total bummer.

I figured out afterward that between the dog and my wife as distractions I did not set the correct altimeter

I doubt the dog had anything to do with it.... oh! You're being polite to your wife. Ok.

Dan Downs KCRP