Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FO preflight flows

I've compared my FCOM preflight flows with FS2Crew and FS2Crew flows don'y go in order of the FCOM?

Is there a reason why? Cheers.

Vernon Howells

I've compared my FCOM preflight flows with FS2Crew and FS2Crew flows don'y go in order of the FCOM?

Is there a reason why? Cheers

I'll pass the mic over to Damien.

He's our real-world 737 Consultant.  He designed the 737 SOPs that we modeled.

Some of it may be a bit airline specific.

Yeh if you could do that cheers. Maybe its a specific thing. But on both PMDG tutorials and RW procedures and FCOM there the same except for FS2Crew.

Vernon Howells

Hi damien. Nothing, i'm just curious why the flows don't replicate the 737 NG Boeing standard flows?

Vernon Howells

Hi Vernon,

The flows are pretty much standard with a few exceptions that is. FS2Crew doesn't only model the "standard" or bare minimum but a lot of real world, day to day or actual line nuances that occur. You're typically going to find that everything isn't all one standard and there are literally 100 ways to do the same thing. It'd be one thing to do a type to Boeing standards but once you get through your carrier specific line oriented flight training you'll see things are different to some extent and modified to suit the operator, the situation or the equipment itself.

Regards

Yeh true nothing is i suppose. So this is like a company SOP flow or something that you've done in your airline?

Do you know about the stall warning test? It doesn't get done by the FO, you to do it yourself and in the books its part of the FOs flow. Is that correct?

Vernon Howells

Yeh true nothing is i suppose. So this is like a company SOP flow or something that you've done in your airline?

Do you know about the stall warning test? It doesn't get done by the FO, you to do it yourself and in the books its part of the FOs flow. Is that correct?

Yes it is, Looking at the latest Boeing FCOM i have its there, looking at PMDG FCOM it's not, Looking at my company and other companies I've flown for it's there in some others its not. So it's up to you to do it or not as far as your virtual company SOP are concerned.

I have also the latest FCOM from a RW 737 NG Pilot and its done by the FO. Each to there own.

Off topic, but why do pilots set flaps up speed during a non vnav takeoff and at acc alt?

Cheers

Vernon Howells

I have also the latest FCOM from a RW 737 NG Pilot and its done by the FO. Each to there own.

Off topic, but why do pilots set flaps up speed during a non vnav takeoff and at acc alt?

Cheers

Yes, it's a specific company SOP.

On airplanes with FMC U10.7 and earlier, after flaps and slats retraction is complete, select VNAV or set the desired climb speed in the MCP speed window. Before selecting VNAV, flaps should be retracted because VNAV does not provide overspeed protection for the leading edge devices.

With FMC U10.8 and later, VNAV can be engaged anytime because VNAV provides overspeed protection for the leading edge devices.

More of a reminder to prevent damage the leading edge devices.

With FMC U10.8 and later, VNAV can be engaged anytime because VNAV provides overspeed protection for the leading edge devices.

Yes i understand that well, but my question was if you do the initial takeoff profile without VNAV and at acc alt, lets say NADP1 3000 feet. Does the pilot then set in the MCP speed window, flaps up speed, 230 or 250 and retract on schedule?

Vernon Howells