Sign in to follow this  
addman

Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?

So Drzewiecki Design is having it's annual Valentines Day sale atm so I thought I'd snag one of the Polish Airports volumes up. Question is which one of the 3 volumes is the "best"? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers/Andreas

Andreas, I would also vote for vol.1 (EPKT, EPGD, EPRZ, EPLB).

But if you don't mind single ones, EPKK gets my vote for the very best DD product.

So Drzewiecki Design is having it's annual Valentines Day sale atm so I thought I'd snag one of the Polish Airports volumes up. Question is which one of the 3 volumes is the "best"? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers/Andreas

A great choice.

Their Polish Airports were (IMHO) far better than some of their more recent sceneries, like EETN.  The Polish airports look gorgeous but are very frame rate friendly too.

I agree with Armando, Vol 1 is the best;  Gdansk, Katowice, Lublin and Rzeszow (Hey! I spelled it right!).

I've owned these about 3 years now and still fly to/from one of them almost every week.

In my opinion Gdansk from vol.1 is the best in this row.

I was actually thinking about getting volume 1 because of Gdansk.

Andreas, I would also vote for vol.1 (EPKT, EPGD, EPRZ, EPLB).

But if you don't mind single ones, EPKK gets my vote for the very best DD product.

I actually already have EPKK and yes, it's a fantastic airport! very well designed by DD.

EPKK gets my vote for the very best DD product.

Fully agree. After flying there in August 2013, one of the first I bought.

I have bought three or four of these airports, and they are pretty impressive. I downloaded the demo versions of the Poland Airports series however (AVSIM library), but I cannot get EPLB to load at all - it's just the bare FS9 default runway, no scenery. In addition the AFCAD will not load in AFCAD2. Does anyone have this download?

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=191664

How does your EPLB load? Tried editing the AFCAD in ADE9x, but no success so far.

LATER:

OK, I see that in FS9, when you choose EPLB, you get sent to the default FS9, 'Cewice'. The Drzewiecki Design AFCAD is to be 'EPLB2', Lublin (located over 260 miles from the default  (so-called) EPLB scenery). You need to load EPLB2 from FS9 to get to Lublin. Must have been some ICAO changes at some time. Maybe that's documented somewhere, but not in the ReadMe that comes with the download...